Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Shelves for figures...

The central catch all topic for your collections! Share all of your awesome collections/display setups that you've built and see what others have put together!

Re: Shelves for figures...

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:38 pm

amos brearly wrote:that looks fantastic rex. i'm sure its going to make for a very impressive display. you really are very lucky to be able to dedicate that much space.

I know. I still can't believe it. When my wife and I were house hunting, my basement/office was one of the things we were looking for. We were able to buy a house completely in our budget that had the perfect set up for me, our two daughters, and my wife. We just had to make a few compromises (the house needs new windows, we had to buy new appliances, has lots and lots of popcorn ceiling, etc.). But I figure there's plenty of time to work on stuff like that. It's really the perfect house for us. It's our first home, and we're hoping to stay here for a long time.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Avalon wrote:Outstanding job, Rex. Turned out great. How much did it end up costing you, may I ask? I might look into a set up like this myself. Great picture. You'll need to take another once you get the toys up. :batgrin:

The shelves were 22 a piece. We called around to get the best deal. With tax and shipping, the glass came out to about $450. The brackets were $2.50 each, and the frames were around $15 each, I think. So about another $270 there so far. To do the last two shelves it'll be around $200. That's all after the cost of paint and prime for the whole room, and we're still working on painting and priming the trim. Considering how long I plan to have these shelves up, I think the cost will be worth it. (I'm just dreading the dusting.) I figure I spend so much on action figures, I want to make sure the display really shows them off.

I'll be sure to post more pictures when it's finished. I spent two hours unwrapping figures and putting them out last night, and I'm only done with one half of one shelf. So it's going to be a while...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Dude, that deserves an epic fist bump. :wtpa:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:50 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Dude, that deserves an epic fist bump. :wtpa:

Now I just have to figure out how to display all the Batmobiles...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Glass lazy susans? :batgrin: Haha, sorry, that'd be more work, but just think of the possibilities!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm definitely not up for any more projects at the moment. I've spent five hours putting toys out so far, and I haven't even filled two shelves. Gonna need a break when everything is said and done...

...although I have about four rooms yet to paint in our house.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Mind...is...preparing...to...be...blown....away!

Wonderful setup so far, and to help with your Batmobile problem, you could put display them and playsets on the floor
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Mahzian » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 pm

They look fantastic Rex, very nice job! Will look great with them loaded up with figures!
Mahzian
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 am

wow...........................beautiful. just beautiful.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I've got almost three shelves filled up now. Spent last night making an entire shelf dedicated to DCUC. The night before I did one that starts with Batman: The Animated Series and ends with Bandai's Teen Titans Robin figures. It goes all the way through JLU and Batman Beyond (only bat-related, of course). Going to start putting up DC Direct tonight. Hope the shelves can hold all that weight...

As for playsets and vehicles on the floor, I'm a little worried as while painting, we noticed some water damage on the wood from years ago. There's been no signs of moisture down there since we've lived here, but I don't want to take any chances if some sort of flooding would happen...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Collections