Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

1987olds442's: Merged/Smart Hulk - The Professor pg33

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Black Knight

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:24 am

A while back I purchased a Hasbro Marvel Legends Black Knight off of eBay, and I was disappointing in it's condition when I received it. The Auction had a bad picture, and I couldn't really make out the condition from the photo. The paint was really worn and the sword was actually chewed up on the end of it. So I decided to give the Black Knight a little repair job and upgrade. I cracked the body apart, and modded the torso to accept Aquaman's shoulders and arms. I modded the Aquaman forearms to attach the Black Knight gauntlets which still retains the twist articulation. For the lower body I used a DCSH Superman waist, DCUC Copperhead upper legs, DCUC Golden Pharaoh lower legs, and DCUC Cyborg feet. I used my Dremel to smooth out the teeth marks on the sword, and used putty to fill in the nick's in the sword that were missing. Then finally I gave him a full paint job. Let me know what you all think.

Black Knight
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: 1987olds442's Customs: Black Knight Pg11

Postby Muthasucka » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Mama pajama! That is awesome. Great work!
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

That looks simply great, olds. Loving the paint scheme, too.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 am

Truly an outstanding job on this figure... If I didn't read the posts I would have sworn it was an actual manufactured figure, again great job!!! You should work for a toy company!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

Muthasucka wrote:Mama pajama! That is awesome. Great work!

Thank you very much :batgrin:
AcidDragon wrote:That looks simply great, olds. Loving the paint scheme, too.

Thank you very much :smgrin: I haven't really read that many stories about the Black Knight, so I don't know why but I always like the look of the character. Even if this guy wasn't in a little rough shape when I got him I wouldn't have been happy with Hasbro's lack luster figure. I'm really glad that on Hasbro's second attempt with a 6 inch line they really stepped up their game. I would like to see them revisit some of their past figures like the Black Knight in the future.
Webslinger wrote:Truly an outstanding job on this figure... If I didn't read the posts I would have sworn it was an actual manufactured figure, again great job!!! You should work for a toy company!!!

Thank you very much :smgrin: That would be an awesome job, and my sister tells me that all the time :wwlol:

I would be happy with a position that involved me with a rolled up newspaper swatting some of the people at Mattel in the back of the head :smlol:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Truwe » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:09 pm

So clean and I love the use of matte and gloss. Well done good sir!
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby wally2974 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Yesss, incredibly clean. I see so many "customs" show up on Ebay that are incredibly SLOPPY! Great parts combo. Top-notch work. I'd like to see him next to a Batman figure. I think the chin of that Black Knight head might make for a great Batman custom.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby HectorHall » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Huge improvement on that Black Knight. The skill it takes to properly kitbash parts from different figures is sometimes underappreciated. I can tell you that the struggles I have had can only make me appreciate your results all the more.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby tonyrome » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm

You my friend have blown my mind.. Great work!
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Truwe wrote:So clean and I love the use of matte and gloss. Well done good sir!

Thanks :smgrin: I really like mixing matte and gloss finishes on a figure it can really make them pop sometimes :batgrin:
wally2974 wrote:Yesss, incredibly clean. I see so many "customs" show up on Ebay that are incredibly SLOPPY! Great parts combo. Top-notch work. I'd like to see him next to a Batman figure. I think the chin of that Black Knight head might make for a great Batman custom.

Thank you very much :smgrin: I'm actually work on fixing up the paint job for a commission right now of a Custom Deadpool that the commissioner got off eBay that ended up being a bit of a sloppy paint job in hand.

Hmm... I think you are right the BK chin would work great for a Batman :batgrin:
HectorHall wrote:Huge improvement on that Black Knight. The skill it takes to properly kitbash parts from different figures is sometimes underappreciated. I can tell you that the struggles I have had can only make me appreciate your results all the more.

It can take a bit of time to reshape and cut the parts to make them work seamlessly, and thank you very much :smgrin:
tonyrome wrote:You my friend have blown my mind.. Great work!

Thank you very much :batgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs