Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

1987olds442's: Merged/Smart Hulk - The Professor pg33

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: 1987olds442's: Lex Luthor Pg15 Ultraverse Characters Pg1

Postby Webslinger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Incredible amount of work and attention to detail, I would have sworn they were actually made by a toy company... I love the paint on these characters very sharp. How do you get such straight lines? Again just really really impressive!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby wally2974 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Great Ultraverse figures, Olds. Super-clean work. I like the lightning details down the leg of her costume and the red & blue lightning effects in Atom Bob's hands
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:17 pm

I have NO clue who any of these folks are...but I want them in my collection!

Fantastic job as always, Olds...you should quit your day job and instruct the artists at the toy companies how to do their job the right way; or dare I say "the Olds way"
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:43 am

Truly excellent work, 1987olds442! If I hadn't known when looking at them that they were customs, I'd without a doubt think those were manufactured by a company as well. Always look forward to seeing more of your creations!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:14 am

Man, I'm so jealous of your painting skills.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Illiasc wrote:Truly excellent work, 1987olds442! If I hadn't known when looking at them that they were customs, I'd without a doubt think those were manufactured by a company as well. Always look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Most companies WISH they could detail that well.... :smrasp:
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:20 pm

That is most definitely true!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby tonyrome » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Olds, Damn man your Lex is crazy man simple but nice. You need to get Savant to make you an office for Lex and his super suit. Your Ultraverse figures are incredible... I said it before your and I'm saying it again... YOUR PAINTS ARE FREAKING TOP NOTCH!!!
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 am

Webslinger wrote:Incredible amount of work and attention to detail, I would have sworn they were actually made by a toy company... I love the paint on these characters very sharp. How do you get such straight lines? Again just really really impressive!

Thank you very much. The costumes on these character really do seam to pop in toy form.
wally2974 wrote:Great Ultraverse figures, Olds. Super-clean work. I like the lightning details down the leg of her costume and the red & blue lightning effects in Atom Bob's hands

Thanks... those lightning details were a learning experience, but fun to paint nonetheless.
Idiot Savant wrote:I have NO clue who any of these folks are...but I want them in my collection!

Fantastic job as always, Olds...you should quit your day job and instruct the artists at the toy companies how to do their job the right way; or dare I say "the Olds way"

That is the plan to make everyone interested in them and give a little reconnection to these characters :smgrin: Marvel could bring these character back anytime, but they would have to pay the creators 5% royalties so that keeps them locked in the basement :smsad:
Illiasc wrote:Truly excellent work, 1987olds442! If I hadn't known when looking at them that they were customs, I'd without a doubt think those were manufactured by a company as well. Always look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Thank you very much :smgrin:
packerbacker180 wrote:Man, I'm so jealous of your painting skills.

Right back at you on your fabrication and sculpting :smgrin:
tonyrome wrote:Olds, Damn man your Lex is crazy man simple but nice. You need to get Savant to make you an office for Lex and his super suit. Your Ultraverse figures are incredible... I said it before your and I'm saying it again... YOUR PAINTS ARE FREAKING TOP NOTCH!!!

Thank you very much :smgrin: That would be killer to have Lex in one of Savant's awesome dioramas :smwink:
Back in the day when the first Ultraverse comics hit the shelves they were some of the most popular comics going and some of my favorites too, so these are a joy to work on as they are a labor of love of characters from my youth.

Again thank you everyone I really appreciate it :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Electrocute - Update

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 am

When I first made Electrocute I didn't have a lot of parts built up in my fodder bins, so I was limited on the selection of hair pieces that I had to choose from. One of Electrocute's features was the big hair, so after going through my fodder bins I found a hair piece that I thought would work really well for her. The hair is from a WWE figure but I couldn't tell you from which figure, and the head is from a DCUC Power Girl. I touched up the flesh tones on the body and head a little, and painted the new hair. I also applied a dullcoat to the gold and a gloss coat to the greens. So what do all think?

Electrocute - V1.5
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs