Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

1987olds442's: Merged/Smart Hulk - The Professor pg33

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: 1987olds442's: Updates pg20

Postby Illiasc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:06 am

I've apparently a lot to catch up to with the customs, but man, I couldn't complain there - Love the work! Leia certainly looks a lot nicer, Cap looks amazing, and Ms. Marvel also looks pretty stunning! Love the comparison shot of the Ms Marvels.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Marvel Now! Captain America V4 & V5

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Hey everyone,
Thank you everyone for the comments on the last few customs :smgrin:

I'm finally starting to slowly get back into customizing after moving. It's taken a while with the renovations that had to be done and getting everything unpacked and setup at the new house. So to get back in the flow of things I finished up a commissioned set of Captain America figures. One is painted very similarly to the other Marvel Now Caps that I have painted, but the other one the commissioner wanted it to have a little darker color scheme. I also bought one of the shrunken Commander Rogers head cast from Casting Cave for an alternate head. What do you all think?

Marvel Now! Captain America V4 & V5
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: 1987olds442's: Marvel Now! Captain America V4 & V5 pg21

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:45 pm

You really paid great attention to detail, gorgeous paint job, amazing likeness, and so vibrant of a custom job on Captain America here.

Incredible workmanship 1987olds442!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Fantastic...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:23 pm

This looks awesome, olds. The paint job on the head is masterfully done.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:58 pm

King of Wash around here. Nice work. I like to use the excuse that I don't do a lot of washes because Mattel didn't do a lot of washes, but the truth is it's still a skill I need to learn/work. I bow to you.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:06 pm

You have this Cap down to a science! Looks good, like the dark blues.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:You really paid great attention to detail, gorgeous paint job, amazing likeness, and so vibrant of a custom job on Captain America here.

Incredible workmanship 1987olds442!

Thank you very much :smgrin:
Idiot Savant wrote:Fantastic...

AcidDragon wrote:This looks awesome, olds. The paint job on the head is masterfully done.

Thanks :smgrin: To be a small part those require a lot work and attention to detail and some strong reading glasses.
packerbacker180 wrote:King of Wash around here. Nice work. I like to use the excuse that I don't do a lot of washes because Mattel didn't do a lot of washes, but the truth is it's still a skill I need to learn/work. I bow to you.

Thank you very much I really appreciate the compliment :smgrin: I never really thought I would have gotten my painting skill to the level it is now. I remember when I was just getting into customizing and thinking that I would never be able to paint faces/eyes and adding cool color washes to my customs... but over time with experimentation and checking out what others were doing in WIP threads I slowly started building up my painting skills. One day I would love to try my hand at air brushing, but for now that is a skill that is out of my reach, and I would like to advance my sculpting ability like you have done.
HectorHall wrote:You have this Cap down to a science! Looks good, like the dark blues.

Thanks, and yeah I've done quite a few of these Caps now. It was nice to change up the color scheme on this one, and I really like the darker colors on this one.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Peter Parker & Marvel Movie-verse characters

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Hey everyone I just finished painting up a bunch of heads for "The Amazing Spidey-Fan" over on the Fwoosh forums.

First up is a Iceman head cast from Casting Cave that I painted up as an alternate unmasked Peter Parker head for the new Spider-Man figure.

Next is a bunch of movie-verse heads that he bought from Glassman Customs. I'll take some individual pictures of each of the characters a little later.
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: 1987olds442's: Peter Parker & MCU Characters pg21

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri May 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Olds, your Spider-Man, Hawkeye, and Iron Man ... are just breathtaking indeed and I just can't believe the details that you put into it ... the Iron Man is a KEEPER and I wished I could buy that one from you! ... Knowing you - No Sale!

Fantastic Job all around ... thanks for sharing it. :wwsmile:
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs