Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Custom Questions...

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Custom Questions...

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu May 05, 2016 6:03 am

Ok thanks Packer, I'll have to check if the HL in Wausau has it....that's the closest one to me and that's still 45 minutes away! Haha...

Anyone know or use Green Stuff?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri May 06, 2016 5:24 am

Love Green Stuff. When it gets semi-cured, it has this crazy nice sculpting state where it's not as overly soft as some putties. They all have their pluses and minuses.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:22 am

Hi gang,

I need to strip the color off of a Lightsaber to clear coat paint a different color...what can be used to strip away the existing color and leave clear?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Custom Questions

Postby AlexmenMn » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Just unbelievable. One of the best custom figure I have seen. BTW, pm sent. Please check. Thanks
Antibiotic treatment for chlamydia http://helpyouantibiotic.top
AlexmenMn
Rookie
Rookie

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:Hi gang,

I need to strip the color off of a Lightsaber to clear coat paint a different color...what can be used to strip away the existing color and leave clear?

Someone on fwoosh recommended something called Windsor Newton Brush Cleaner for removing paint on figures. Makes sense I guess since it's for cleaning brushes. Never really noticed if lightsabers were painted or just made in those colors, so not sure if that would work unless they are painted translucent.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Action Figure Customs