Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Oh I forgot to mention when all the paint work is done I spray the head with dull-coat, and then I go over the eyes with a gloss coat and the mouth with semi-gloss.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:21 pm

1987olds442 wrote:Here is a little update on some Marvel Heads that I'm painting up for "The Amazing Spidey-Fan" from the Fwoosh forum. I have the flesh-tones finished and the the whites of the eyes and the lining around the eyes done. Now I need to paint the pupils, eyebrows, hair, and the goatees on the RDJ heads.

These are awesome, kinda reminds me of the old horror movie "Motel Hell". The garden scene :lol:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Webslinger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Tango X wrote:Hey Webs, if you put the head on a suit body, that could be your "Tony Stark" and her custom "Robert Downey Jr. dressed for the Oscars". :batlol:

That's what I was thinking too!!! I really want one of those RDJ heads!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Lol. Those look so realistic, it's eerie.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:17 am

I'm working on a lot of commissions trying to get caught back up. One of those commission projects was a repair job of grinman's awesome Black Knight custom figure I was blown away when my friend sent that to me to fix. It's a beautiful piece and I just hope that my repairs and touch ups do grinman justice. I'll take some better pictures when get some more time. Oh and instead of gluing the shoulder armor back on I added revoltech joints to male the armor parts poseable, so hopefully they won't get broken in the future.

Here are some pictures during the repairs.

Here are some quick pictures after finishing the repairs.
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri May 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Olds - Incredible workmanship on the repair job on Black Knight and I was duly impressed by it - one of your best jobs ever. :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 am

Hey everyone,
I've been a little MIA for a while dealing with some outside home repairs, and while doing so the transmission in my truck went down which put the outside work on hold until that was fixed. My truck is fixed and I've been able to get into working outside now that I have my truck running again. But I'm also finally getting back into working on my customs, and I have a lot to get caught up on.

A commissioner asked me to see if I could fix the paint on his MU Captain America figure. I was a little hesitant at first with MU figures being so small for the meat hooks that I call hands, but I gave it a go to try and fix the paint on the figure's head. What do you all think? Does it look okay?

Before
After

I've also started working on a couple of Face-off Caps for him with repainting the ad stripes which I'll add some pictures soon. Also on those Caps he want to see if I could replace the original elbows and pins that were cast in blue and painted white. I think I found some that should work just fine. I bought a bunch of the Target 3 packs when they were on clearance, so I have several extra Caps laying around.

Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Tango X » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Outstanding work dude. You amaze me with what you do.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Just fabulous Olds ... thanks for sharing it and the details that you've put in the repairs of.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:51 am

Tango X wrote:Outstanding work dude. You amaze me with what you do.

Thank you very much :smsmile:
Doctor Fate wrote:Just fabulous Olds ... thanks for sharing it and the details that you've put in the repairs of.

Thanks :smgrin: Looking at other customizers WIP pictures is what help me learn when I first started. And I'm just glad that I was able to fix these little guys.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs