Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby 1987olds442 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:19 am

Great work on Speedy thus far :) It would be great when you get a chance to do tutorial on casting. I'm sure like several of us that is something I would love to learn how to do.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:56 am

Yeah, I think a casting tutorial would be cool. I'm looking at getting into head casting soon, and though I'm sure the instruction manual will be loaded with simple English, something tailored specifically for action figures would be most helpful.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:54 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Yeah, I think a casting tutorial would be cool. I'm looking at getting into head casting soon, and though I'm sure the instruction manual will be loaded with simple English, something tailored specifically for action figures would be most helpful.

Agreed!
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:17 am

Speedy is looking pretty sweet! Well done on the paint apps and sculpting...

I would love to learn about casting...look forward to seeing it all
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey guys, I cracked open a pack of Milliput Black today and I noticed the black tube had little crumbly chunks and chips in it. I've never had this happen with Milliput before. Does this stuff have a shelf life??
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's Prime Time!

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:30 am

Well... "It's Prime Time!" :smwink:

Back in the 90s' I was huge fan of the Ultraverse comics, and I've started making some Ultras for my collection. One of the Ultras that I'm wanting to make is my favorite Prime, so I started to gather some the parts to build him. That last part that I was looking for was the perfect head. When I first saw the Hyperion head I thought that is the one, but to my dismay it was way too small. But after finding Glassman's web site he was able to enlarge Hyperion's head to the scale that I was needing. This weekend I got my enlarged Hyperion head castings now I can get back to work on my favorite Ultra Prime. I think I'll probably end up with all three versions; First Appearance Prime, Rogue Prime, and his final costume similar to his first with blue stripes on his legs and cape with a little touch of Rogue. I still have a lot of work to do on them, and I'm still trying to find the best forearms and hands for the Prime on the Terrax body.

Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:45 pm

WOW!

I have some friends who love Walt Simonson's Hercules and this looks so apropos.

These bodies also look to be the right scale for a set of DCUC Monster Men for Hugo Strange...
Doc
Partner
Partner

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 am

Glassman deserves apostle status.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Webslinger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Awesome job on all those customs PB!!! I can't wait to see Speedy, Tempest and Prime when completed!!! I wish I was talented enough to mold stuff... I'm mainly a part swapper. :batgrin:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my Batcave (as in, what to change in regards to the rock features; I may use the pink foam and carve the cave walls instead).

I'm looking for another Ghostbusters firehouse so I can have double the size Daily Planet with roof access for a certain nosy reporter as well as the globe.

I'm also in the middle of building a Vandal Savage fig using the WWE Tombstone (or whatever the hell the big lugs name is) for the base.

That's what's on my plate for the moment...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs