Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mutha's Suckas

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Mutha's Suckas

Postby Muthasucka » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks! The wings are from a Batman Begins 5" figure. Bomb Drop Batman or something. Amazon was having a sale of them awhile back and I picked up a bunch for accessories. That one came with a bunch of those grenades he carried in the movie. I got two that came with those metallic suitcases with the Wayne Industries logo on them and that had a bunch of batarangs and such inside. They're pretty cool. I have my Alfred carrying one, and I tricked out the other to be a batarang display:

Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Awesome customs mutha! I'm really interested in the figs behind Alfred, when will you be showing those off?

The Batman Beyond wings are wicked, I gotta find me one of those...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks! Yeah, those are my Jason Todds. I'll dig up some pics of them and post them soon!
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:32 am

Man, I love that Alfred and the gear case you've got with him, too.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Truwe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 am

Muthasucka wrote:Thanks! Yeah, those are my Jason Todds. I'll dig up some pics of them and post them soon!

I still think the Jason Todd you made using the Beast coat is one of the best out there. The head was perfect as I think some of the guys that make Hoods make the helmet looking like a bobble head.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I think you've got me confused with someone else, 'cause I never made one with a Beast coat (and I doubt the one I made is one of the best out there either!).

Here's my first "Jason Todd," which was just a repaint (using Sharpies!) of the DCD AC Robin. I got the figure to give the cowl to Damian, and decided to see what he's look like in different colors. I liked him so I decided he could be an AC version of Jason Todd Robin. Gave him some G.I. Joe swords.

Then I gave him a coat from the DCD Quentin Turnbull figure, which I also liked.

Then I gave him Jack Knight's head and Deadpool's swords.

But I wanted removable goggles, so I shaved down Jack's head and gave him the goggles that came with the Trinity Batman. It left him with a cool "scar" on his forehead, too.

Then I glued Deadpool's scabbards to his back.

I'll post pics of my Red Hood next...
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Well, it took a while to get around to it, but I finally finished my Deathstroke modifications. Here you go:

Before & After:
(Before shot courtesy of barbecue17)

Here's a breakdown of the process for anyone who's interested:

Major Surgery:

First I boiled and popped his legs off, then I boiled his waist and carefully peeled his belt off (it comes off in three sections). I shaved down the tops and inside top corner of his thighs, then I expanded the peg holes at the top, so they could fit over the shaft of the pegs. Next I boiled his torso again and got it really soft, and then cut him in half with a large kitchen knife. I cut the head off a pretty big screw, drilled a hole in the top of his hips, and inserted the cut end in as far as it would go. Then I drilled a smaller pilot hole in the bottom of his torso, and carefully screwed the torso on. I replaced the front part of the belt, heated up the legs, and then replaced those too.

Minor Surgery:

I cut off the canisters hanging under his arms and replaced them with plain strap parts cut off the larger piece. Then I cut off individual canisters and glued them right on to the sides of his belt so it wasn't as bulky as before. I cut off the spikes on his shoulders, gauntlets and boots (I thought they were all too busy), and cut his trigger fingers free from the rest of his hand. I made dog tags from the gauntlet spikes and attached them around his neck with black thread (this was inspired by his look in Injustice).

Paint:

I painted his torso silver with a light black wash (though I might repaint it black with a silver dry brush later), painted his shins and knees metallic orange (copper paint with a little yellow mixed in), painted his legs, boots and hands solid blue. I gave his pistol and knife some weathering with silver dry brush, and painted the hilt of his sword black.

Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Also got around to taking pics of my Batman and Deathstroke modifications:

BATMAN:
I gave him a light black wash over his gray parts, painted his belt and the space between his kneepads black, "weathered" all the black armor with silver paint, and hit his rivets with a silver sharpie. I also gave him the wave 4 AC Bats right hand so he can hold a grapnel, and cut a notch in his other fist to hold a batarang.

DEATHSTROKE:
I gave him the gun and holster from my first broken one, painted the holsters black and "weathered" them, and then gave him a dry brush with copper paint on the orange parts of his armor. I also painted the black half of his mask a dark silvery blue, but it doesn't show up that well in pictures.

DEATHSTROKE CORPS!

Deathstroke Corps Bring Your Daughter to Work Day:
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby HectorHall » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:21 pm

That is a completely badass group of Deathstrokes! Very impressive.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby tonyrome » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:56 pm

Wow Mutha you have a crew of Deathstrokes very freaking nice man.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs