Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

O.G. Trilogy's Custom Comics Action Figures and Accessories

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: O.G. Trilogy's Custom Comics Action Figures and Accessor

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Dang that Lois Lane is awesome... I might have to barrow that recipe :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 am

That Jim Balent Catwoman looks great! I also really love the repaint you did on that Alfred. 100% improvement in my opinion!
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 am

Thank you both! :wwgrin:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:30 pm

I made this custom flight stand for my MS Storm figure, but I thought it would be fun to see how other figures looked on it. I plan on making a few more of these in the future.

The weapons that came with the 3 3/4 inch Armored Zod were way out of scale for such a small figure, but I thought they could work for the 6 inch scale figures. I added some extra parts to the rifle to make it look more like the one in the movie and repainted it with acrylic paints. Jor-El had 2 closed fists, so I swapped out his hands for a couple of Iron Man hands so he could actually hold the rifle. I repainted the Iron Man Hands to match the rest of his armor and then I drybrushed him with a light pearl color to bring out all the great sculpted details of his costume.

I'm planning on adding a red cloth cape to this figure eventually, but I haven't decided how I'm going to do it just yet.

I was hoping that the heads from Shackles Zod and Armored Zod would be interchangable since he didn't have a goatee in the beginning of the movie, but no such luck.

In the movie Zod stabs Jor-El with a retractable blade in his gauntlet, but I thought this knife looked cooler than that and I didn't want to heavily modify the figure.

The knife came with the 3 3/4 inch version of this figure, but I thought it would fit the 6 inch Zod better. I repainted it with acrylic paints.

The rifle is the one that came with my DCUC Deathstroke figure. I cut off the scope and repainted it with black and silver acrylics.

This version of Zod didn't have the scar on his face from his fight with Jor-El so I had to paint one on myself.

This Faora figure is terrible. I'm really glad I found her in the wild and didn't have to pay more than retail for her. It's really hard to get her in a decent pose and she looks absolutely nothing like the actress from the movie.

I painted some really thick eye-liner on Faora to make her look a little less manish. She still doesn't look very much like the actress from the film, but she looks a lot better than she did originally.

Kneel Before Zod!
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Those are some great accessories for the MM Man of Steel figures. I love that custom flight stand with the stone rubble when you make some more you should make a tutorial, or just send them to me :smlol:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks! I used a wire clothes hanger and made a loop on one end to serve as a base. I dipped the other end in Plasti-Dip so that the rough edge of the wire wouldn't scratch up my figures. When that was dry I taped down the loop end to a piece of scrap foam-core board. The I just cut some scraps of styrofoam into small blocks and started glueing them on the base to cover the loop of the wire hanger. I brushed on a few thick layers of black paint mixed with elmers school glue and when that was dry, I dry brushed it with grey and white acrylic paint.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Hey olds, how did you get the bigger photos in your custom thread? These are the first ones I uploaded to the Gallery and when I post them here they are really small. Also when I click on them it asks me if I want to save it and then download a program to save them to. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it me or my outdated computer? :smhuh:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey O.G., it's because you linked to them using the URL button. You can use the Gallery button instead. It's way easier, too because it pops up with a window with all your photos in it and you just click the one you want to add. They'll be thumbed though. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:06 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Hey O.G., it's because you linked to them using the URL button. You can use the Gallery button instead. It's way easier, too because it pops up with a window with all your photos in it and you just click the one you want to add. They'll be thumbed though. :smgrin:

Cool! Thank you, I'll try that next time. :gagrin:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Also, if you want them to be full sized, use the Img button and put the path to the image in there. Like so:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/gallery/image.php?album_id=30&image_id=384[/img]

I took the liberty of fixing the images for you on this one. :e2robgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs