Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Anna Fortune

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Great job, man! I love the finished product!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Packerbacker Customs--Anna Fortune (pg 1)

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks. She was a lot of work for someone so obscure (though she edges out Batzarro in total appearances), but I liked the challenge.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:59 pm

You knocked it outta the park. She was a real fun character with a lot of unrealised possibilities. Cudos on the work and the character selection. very cool. I miss the JSA stuff and I know that the Earth 2 storylines will never touch what they were developing.....speaking of Earth 2, what is your opinion on the designs of what we have seen so far? Have you given any thought to attempting the nu52 JSA?
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:44 pm

I will probably never attempt a nu52 figure unless its a commissioned piece. Not because I hate all the JSA redesigns (except Solomon Gooey, I loathe what he looks like now) most aren't bad if not terribly generic. And I've actually enjoyed Earth-2 more then I wanted too, though I fear what it'll become when Robinson leaves. But it'll always feel like an Elseworlds book to me, and I've got way too many characters I want to make to fill out my DCUC before I'd bother with any nuCoke looks. They're certainly not the worst of the redesigns, though (but I wish Alan's costume had some red in it).
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:50 am

I might actually do a Nu52 of Green Lantern Hal but only because they never gave us one.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 am

The TRU metallic Hal is close enough for me.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:39 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing about some red in Alan's costume. Just some trim to tip the hat to the original version.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby tonyrome » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:11 pm

I love your stuff Packer.. Did you ever try Rima? I am planning Rima and Wendy, Marvin and Wonderdog very soon.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I have not. I picked up the base figure and head for her, but like a lot of customs, I've twenty in mind and can only do one or two at a time, lol. Someday.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby tonyrome » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:40 pm

I feel you man.. I honestly have 4 or 5 sitting on my corner that I have not finished yet.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs