Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Mono Eye Mono pg. 57

Postby Webslinger » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:31 am

Freaking FANTASTIC job PB!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Packerbacker Customs Mono Eye Mono pg. 57

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:32 pm

I've wanted a Shade for a longtime but could never find a head I was happiest. I think this one works pretty good. Added some accessories so he isn't just another suit body. Also made La Sangre. I figure odds are most people won't know who she is since she only appeared in 4 James Robinson penned comics (3 in the Shade maxi-series). I actually started her well before Halloween but holidays and commissions slowed down her progress. I included some of her appearances for comparison. For anyone interested her main storyline takes place in The Shade 5-7. Her basic background is she was on infant on a ship the Shade had borded to Africa in the 1900's. The ship was attacked by vampire pirates who killed the entire crew, but the Shade managed to save the infant even though she had been bitten, he used his powers to remove the toxin from her blood. So she kind of became a daywalker like Blade, but instead of the typical sullen, mopey, Hamlet-esque vampires she was a little more fun. I thought she had a fun look that lended itself perfectly for re-use of a ML Nico Minoru figure. I'd recommend checking out The Shade series if you're interested. But enough, on with the images...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Coming out of the dark...pg. 58

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Outstanding work Packer! I'm not too familiar with either of these two but I can sure appreciate what you did!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:39 am

Wow, incredible work on these PB!!!! what head did you use for Shade? It looks like a Reed Richards movie head, am I correct?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 am

Amazing Work Packerbacker and what you did here is nothing short of perfection and the colors of both of them and the details that you put into it was out of the ballpark.

Loved both of them so dearly. Great Job Packerbacker.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks for the kind words guys! Good catch, Webs that is indeed a FF movie head. Since the Shade is British, and Ioan is Welsh, I thought the head worked well, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey, everyone, it's Beaumont. Who? Beaumont? Who? Beaumont, dammit!

Very little is known of Beaumont in his long published history. Having appeared on two whole pages of two separate comics, we know that Beaumont (alongside his despised partner, Sunny Jim) make up the British duo known to the world as Class War. Beaumont is described as having a "diamond-hard body and diamond-hard intellect" and he's apparently wealthy.

Basically I saw this guy while looking for Shade and La Sangre references and noticed his head would be perfect to clear out a Alan Scott head from the fodder bin (and there aren't many opportunities for that!), and a Samurai body and some Dr. Mid-Nite arms (lord knows I have a bunch of each, lol). And I think he's the only custom I've completed in one sitting, so at least there's that.

Woah, did that guy just jump out of a helicopter? Hell yeah, you know he did! Pretty darn heroic, right? I bet he saved the day, right?

Congrats, BTW, that is literally every image of Beaumont. Now I guess I have to make Sunny Jim someday.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs--page 17...Hark! The Fiddler!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:51 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:BTW, I hope to have a Shade made if I ever finish this damn Ragdoll--August, 2014

Took me two and half years but I finally made that Shade, lol!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Enter Beaumont...pg. 58

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Packer,

I know a thing or two about this character and it's looks great ... Beaumont's Red Heart is skillfully painted on and everything that you did with it was excellent. You did a great job painting the black making sure that it's smooth and even. That's not an easy thing to do.

Good Work as Usual ... :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs Enter Beaumont...pg. 58

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I've never heard of this guy before (love that) but even so, he's expertly done
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs