Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Toy Customizer's Toolbox Thread

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: The Toy Customizer's Toolbox Thread

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Do the Jack/Ted Knight Starman hands fit that Black Mask suit body's wrists, or do they have to be modified? I thought I read on the forums, here, that the pegs on the wrists were different and not universal.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure Ra's hands would fit on Black Mask's body.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:31 pm

LOL....good point. You would figure that I'd have thought about using Ra's hands. That would mean I'd have to track down ANOTHER Ra's figure from Ebay!! Ughhh! lol :batconfused:
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Does Ra's use the same hands as the old DC SuperHeroes Clark Kent that came in the 2 pack!?
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Haha good question. I have that Clark figure. Forgot they did a bare hands on suit body figure besides Harvey but one of his hands... Good call.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wally2974 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:27 am

Has anyone done a "crack" on a suited body, without doing alot of repairs to the body? I'd like to swap the upper torso or Ra's al Ghul with Black Mask's. I like the red tie and cleaner-looking shirt on the black suit body. I'm going to try a Bruce Wayne custom.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby tonyrome » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:03 pm

wally2974 wrote:Has anyone done a "crack" on a suited body, without doing alot of repairs to the body? I'd like to swap the upper torso or Ra's al Ghul with Black Mask's. I like the red tie and cleaner-looking shirt on the black suit body. I'm going to try a Bruce Wayne custom.

I've done it on a few Clark Kents with no problems... On the other hand I've also done a few of the Movie Masters Jokers, thugs, Harvey Dents and for the most part have had good results. Once when I was prying a thug apart it kinda cracked on me in the back area. I was able to fix it as good as new with Aves epoxy though.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby wally2974 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Any hints or tricks to getting the rubber "vest" off a suited buck without damaging it? I'm guessing you put both arms up and slip it off like you would a t-shirt. Is it usually glued onto the figure?
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby tonyrome » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:51 pm

wally2974 wrote:Any hints or tricks to getting the rubber "vest" off a suited buck without damaging it? I'm guessing you put both arms up and slip it off like you would a t-shirt. Is it usually glued onto the figure?

Warm it up a little and be careful.. it should not be a problem
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:01 pm

The easiest way to get the jacket off is to put the arms behind the figure and bend them so that they meet in the middle. You should be able to just slide the jacket off over the arms that way, provided it isn't glued in.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs