Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC "Rebirth"

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

Re: DC "Rebirth"

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 am

I watched all the interviews from last week about Rebirth, some of it sounds positive and interesting, but not to the point that I'll buy any comics again, but I'm curious for those paying attention, who do you think that hand belongs to on the cover of Rebirth?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:15 pm

I am in complete agreement...like the movies, too little, too late
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:52 pm

That hand is Jim Lee's. Pulling them from the frying pan into the fire.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Can't be Jim Lee's it would have all kinds of weird, senseless piping on it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu May 19, 2016 7:14 pm

So is anyone biting? I thought about it but I'm worried about how much it could suck. Not sure why they still needed slight costume changes and sans speedos. Instead Batman has a piped codpiece looking sort of deal.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ken Davis » Thu May 19, 2016 8:09 pm

I cannot speak to Rebirth, but Future Quest #1 was one of the best comic books I have read in years. Totally captured the flavour of Hanna Barbera action cartoons--I could almost hear the Hoyt Curtin music playing as I read it.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Sat May 21, 2016 3:14 am

packerbacker180 wrote: who do you think that hand belongs to on the cover of Rebirth?

Bruce Timm...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Ken Davis » Sat May 21, 2016 9:42 am

Rebirth just got really interesting with the massive epic spoiler for the whole thing. Actually, there's the huge spoiler, and then a series of aftershocks to it, each more intriguing than the last.
That hand reaching out is from someone we ALL know....
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:58 am

Yeah, was just coming here to post but Ken beat me to it. I don't buy comics anymore so I couldn't resist the spoilers. I won't say anything else, but it sounds promising, certainly something I would've never expected, and if nothing else, I'm sure will garner a lot of conversation. Anything looking to restore history and the future is a step in the right direction.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Sat May 21, 2016 10:04 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Yeah, was just coming here to post but Ken beat me to it. I don't buy comics anymore so I couldn't resist the spoilers. I won't say anything else, but it sounds promising, certainly something I would've never expected, and if nothing else, I'm sure will garner a lot of conversation. Anything looking to restore history and the future is a step in the right direction.

It's a real swerve, and once I read about it, I smiled.
Because.........y'know........it's logical and it fits the INTERNAL logic of DC, and it sets up intrigue. I'm all for that because it doesn't necessarily wipe out stories.....it ADDS to them. That is a good thing, I think.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics