Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

IDW Watchmen & Jack Kirby New Gods Artist's Editions

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

IDW Watchmen & Jack Kirby New Gods Artist's Editions

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:04 am

Cool news here. Looks like IDW is going to be publishing Artist's Editions of the Watchmen and Jack Kirby's New Gods. What is an "Artist's Edition"? Basically these are complete stories that feature the original black and white inked pages of the legendary artists Dave Gibbons and Jack Kirby scanned in their original sizes in colour as a means to preserve all the little strokes and nuances that went into creating these amazing works of art. The book measures roughly 12" x 17". These books are fantastic for artists who want to explore the techniques that these comic book legends used to render their work and also for enthusiasts in general. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be picking up both of these when they hit the shelves. I mean heck, look at that cover art!! It's got me giddy just looking at it. :batwink:

1012-watchmen.jpg

1012-new_gods.jpg

Original Article: http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2677/
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IDW Watchmen & Jack Kirby New Gods Artist's Editions

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:38 pm

I especially love the Jack Kirby New Gods cover. I love how you can see the direction that he applied all the inks on that page. :halgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Return to DC Comics