Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My favorite DC Comics of all-time!

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

Re: My favorite DC Comics of all-time!

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 am

Some excellent shares here, guys. This also serves as an excellent reminder of what I still have to read. :adamgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:56 am

HectorHall wrote:Nice choices Doc, what was the storyline in the "Cavern of Deadly Spheres"?

A new criminal named the Maestro has been pulling off crimes by arming his hired thugs with musical instruments that compel all in ear-shot to uncontrollably dance. After each member of the League unsuccessfully try to stop each heist, they decide to take their fight directly to the Maestro himself.

Tracking the Maestro to his hidden cave headquarters, all of the JLA members are trapped in indestructible bubbles (ex. Superman's is made out of Kryptonite.) However, anticipating that Maestro might have access to Superman's weakness, the team coated him in lead in advance allowing him limited protection to the Kryptonite bubble. While the Maestro is busy gloating over his victory, Superman is able to break free and save the others, and they all easily defeat the Maestro and turn him over to the police.

Returning to JLA headquarters, the League members explain to Snapper how they were able to beat the Maestro.

The above is from Wikipedia ... but, basically it was a villain that uses music and knowledge of each of every JLA Member to capture them into bubbles of deadly spheres - but, in reality it was something else beside music that compelled each JLA Member to dance and having said that - it was the ATOM that was so small that he could not hear the music and that alone triggered the notion that a supervillain - Maestro is up to something and that forces Superman to do something drastic - with the help of Green Lantern and Flash they took care of that and that alone spells disaster for the villain and JLA prevailed.

It was a classic story and one of my favorites ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby HectorHall » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:18 pm

very cool, love the JLA stories1
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:30 pm

HectorHall wrote:very cool, love the JLA stories1

Thanks Hector! :)

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:52 pm

That sounds like an awesome read! Also, you two, one post above the other, had me look twice. For a moment I thought I saw the same person posting twice. :smlol:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:01 am

Am I'm seeing double?? :knshock: :hhshock: Thanks for sharing that fun synopsis, DF!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HectorHall » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:34 pm

I noticed the update in the emoticons Acid, very nice!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Just picked up The Multiversity issue featuring Doc Fate. Now I want an ongoing set in his world. Well worth the read for all the fans of the good Doctor. He is a pistol packing, magic using, pulp hero. Loved it! He is on the list to be customized along with his world's version of Abin Sur!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:40 am

HectorHall wrote:Just picked up The Multiversity issue featuring Doc Fate. Now I want an ongoing set in his world. Well worth the read for all the fans of the good Doctor. He is a pistol packing, magic using, pulp hero. Loved it! He is on the list to be customized along with his world's version of Abin Sur!

I will be picking up a copy of that book this Friday ... pretty cool cover I say! :)

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to DC Comics