Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Anybody get New 52 Deathstroke?

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Anybody get New 52 Deathstroke?

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:02 pm

This figure is really great. I picked him up today and he has lots of nice hidden articulation. I would have liked an ab crunch and waist swivel, but otherwise he's pretty perfect. All three of his weapons attach somewhere on his costume.

Seems like Deathstroke toys are almost always pretty amazing...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Re: Anybody get New 52 Deathstroke?

Postby Tango X » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:13 pm

I have not picked one up yet but I plan to. It looks great but I don't get why they don't give their figures waist swivels tho. It seems like the most basic form of articulation you can give a figure. I agree, most Deathstroke toys are awesome.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:46 pm

I think in this case it might have something to do with how clunky his belt is. Despite that, he's well worth the money.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Tango X » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Are the pieces hanging off of him solid pieces? One thing that I thought was strange about some of my DCC is that the pouches and holsters are sometimes made with the same rock hard prone to snapping material that the rest of their bodies are. Not that it really matters since I'll probably be displaying him in the same vanilla pose I do most of my figures but I'm curious. :halgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Most of his belt is solid, but there are two parts that are flexible to allow movement.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:14 pm

I like the look of this figure. Does it scale okay with DCUC? I know they've made some smaller figures lately and they're even scaling them more evenly now at 6.75" even if they are taller than the DCUC.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I think this guy is pretty tall, taller than the DCC New52 Batman. Haven't picked him up yet, but I plan on it. I wasn't going to get him, but when I saw him in the store I was wowed. He looks great. Also, seeing that he has thigh cuts and ankle hinges makes me think I can modify him a little and he'll be a pretty darn posable figure. Most of the time I don't really care if DCC figs have much artic, but certain characters like Slade here really deserve it.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mahzian » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:38 pm

This is a wonderful figure, I love how the shoulder pads are hinged to allow more movement
Mahzian
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 pm

I got mine. Astounding, just astounding. So happy I got it. It doesn't scale right with my DCUC but I didn't expect it to so that's no problem.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 pm

So I finally got this bad boy, and like you guys I love him. I did a few quick mods to him, with a few more on the way. First and foremost, I opened up his hip joints just a little and it makes a world of difference. It was so easy to do I started to get pissed off that DCC doesn't just make this a standard POA. Exact same parts, just reshaped.

First I shaved down the inside top corner of each thigh just enough so that it would clear the inside of his hips. Then I "keyholed" the peg hole just a little - making a small notch in the top of each hole big enough to fit over the peg. When I put the legs back on, all of a sudden, it was a different figure:

I also cut his trigger fingers free of the rest of his hands so he could hold guns better, gave the pistol and knife some silver weathering, painted the hilt of his sword black, and painted his shin guards metallic orange (copper paint with a little yellow mixed in).

He even looks better just standing still.

Next up is giving him a waist cut, and maybe repainting his legs and chest a little.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Next

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles