Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

B:TAS and other things from DCC

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: B:TAS and other things from DCC

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I assume the quality control on him is otherwise okay, Savant...
Been reading a lot about feet breaking off at the ankles on New Adventures Bats on a couple of forums, but message boards never really give a true representation of what percentage of buyers have broken figures.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Soooo cooooool. :batshock: Only shame is the bat symbol which I agree is kind of lumpy looking.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 pm

S. Griffin wrote:I assume the quality control on him is otherwise okay, Savant...
Been reading a lot about feet breaking off at the ankles on New Adventures Bats on a couple of forums, but message boards never really give a true representation of what percentage of buyers have broken figures.

I can easily see how some collectors would have an issue with his construction; his ankles are geisha small and whike has basic articulation, if it wasn't for the display stand, sadly, this would be the only figure I'd buy...I really hope they learn from their mistakes on this line because it has SUCH potential
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Tango X wrote:Soooo cooooool. :batshock: Only shame is the bat symbol which I agree is kind of lumpy looking.

As much as I appreciate the sculpted logo, it would've been nice if the paint matched the design...the right side of his mask by his jaw was also missing paint come to think of it...

Not the usual DCC quality we've come to know of late
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Ouch. Not really what I wanted to hear about this much anticipated collection but perhaps a personal sign that my collecting days are either over or extremely limited.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 pm

If you didn't like that small review Niner, you won't like what I have to say about Catwoman...

The overall sculpt is nice and very honest to the source material, but her eyes; God her eyes are terrible. Her head sculpt is also way too rounded for my liking but the sculpted eyes are crazy slanted to the point of her looking like she's tripping balls.

Her paint scheme is solid but her eyes drive me absolutely batty (pardon the pun)...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:59 pm

I wish Catwoman's eyes were a bit closer to horizontal, too, but I don't think here eyes are too bad. Granted, I didn't pick up the figure, but if I were a bigger Selina fan or a completist, the eyes wouldn't keep me from doing so.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Wave 4

Is it just me or do Batman and Riddler seem kinda off?
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Oh wow!!! These are so beautiful. I especially need to have to have that Batgirl. The headsculpt on that is nothing short of gorgeous.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Batgirl is the only one of these that looks spot-on to me. Riddler's torso seems to wide, Batman's jaw doesn't look square enough, but that might just be the angle, and the monocle doesn't work right with Penguin as it always magnified his eye on the show. The monocle should also be tucked into Penguin's brow.
Last edited by S. Griffin on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles