Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman: Arkham Origins Series 01

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Series 01

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Wooo. My Arkham Origins arrived. They expedited it and it still has all the pre-order goodies thank goodness. That was my biggest concern.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Injustice is fun, it just gets old after a while during story mode. Same thing over and over. I think the Arkham games have taught me what modern video games should really be like.

I'll be interested in seeing what you think of the game. I'm getting my Wave 1 figures tomorrow.

By the way, did everyone see this. The final figure in Wave 2, Killer Croc. And for only $25. Considering Mr. Freeze was like $40, this is a pretty good deal.

Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Wow, that looks great, Rex. I like that he's smaller but I wish he didn't have those funky shoulder spikes. Also his face looks a little off from the side but the front view probably looks a lot better. I miss the days where Croc was small enough for Bane to beat the crap out of him to make a statement. :batlol: I might get one to keep as it is and one to repaint the pants blue. :batgrin:

I'm gonna pop in the game after I eat. It should be fun. I've heard mixed opinions about Injustice. DC vs. MK to me was fantastic, though. I thought the characters played exactly as I felt they should. Have you ever gave that game a shot?

*EDIT*
Yep, his face looks 10x better from the front.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah, I have DC vs. MK as well. Think it's pretty fun, although I was always a Street Fighter 2 guy growing up. Beat it in story mode, though, just to experience the whole thing. I'm really not a video game guy, but I end up getting Batman-related games that I can play on my Playstation.

Croc looks pretty much perfect as far as the game is concerned. Apparently, his condition worsens by Arkham Asylum, explaining his change in size. I just can't believe how many characters we're getting from this universe.

I'm really hoping for a lot from Wave 3. If they make these guys, I'll be pretty happy with my Arkham Universe:

1.Copperhead
2.Electrocutioner
3.Origins Robin
4.Shiva
5.Calendar Man
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Hard to tell in that shot but I wonder if they hid feet articulation in the folds of his pants. :batgrin:

Yeah, I pretty much want to be able to pad my Arkham shelf at this point with some additional rogues.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Just thinking about this, but I think the Arkham universe is now the largest DCC/DCD line of toys. It's got to have more figures than Superman/Batman, Justice or any of their other big series by now.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby JSAvsINFINITY » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 am

If at 10" tall Croc is $24,why were the Joker and Solomon Grundy $90 each?

I think Croc is just an inch or 2 too tall but other than that an almost perfect figure.

I'm not a huge Bat fan like some of you guys but this Origins line is great!
JSAvsINFINITY
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 am

Joker and Grundy were both around 12 or 13 inches tall, and bulky as all get out. I can't defend the $90 price tag (although I did get my Joker for $60...). Either way, I'm certainly not complaining about the great $25 price on Croc.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, I did the math and it looks like there's 47 DC Direct/DC Collectibles Arkham figures so far, including all the figures that have been solicited. And I'd at least expect another wave or two before it's all said and done (and probably another game or two as well).
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:25 am

Finally got to play Arkham Origins. :batshock: You can see my thoughts on the game here: post2770.html#p2770 :batwink: Definitely ordering two Crocs today. I really like his look after seeing him in the game. At $24, that's a steal.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am

I like the Batman, Joker and Black Mask figs (hope they use the Bat concept for the MoS sequel)...Black Mask's mask looks awesome and I wish Mattel would've been able to do something like this; as much as I like theirs, it looks like he's smiling at me.

Joker just looks younger but cool; now the hard part, trying to find them around here...my LCS doesn't carry action figures, mainly caters to his bread and butter, the gamers.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles