Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Out of all of these, Atomica and Ollie look the best to me and I'd consider those but I wouldn't even have a place on my shelf for Atomica since I don't collect any of the New 52 stuff.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:10 pm

They are all not to bad - but I just can't stomach looking at Mr. Miracle and Shazam figures at all. Those two aren't my favorites.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Yeah Mr. Miracle looks terrible to me, too. Black Adam looks OK to me, though.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 pm

But THIS is something I'll be all over like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm!
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:37 pm

But yeah, that 52 Miracle is awful
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Avalon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:45 pm

These are cool but the heads look really stylized and don't have that DC House Style look to them that I prefer. I'll probably get that Atom set and see how the Harley one comes out. Might get the Green Arrow, Deadman and Blue Beetle, too. They look pretty decent. Even the Black Adam looks good for a New 52 figure.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Rattrap96 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:18 am

1987olds442 wrote:http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=24208
toynewsi.com wrote:DC Collectibles via USAToday has revealed a new line of 6" (Thats right we said 6") DC Comic based figures. The line is being called "DC Comics Icons," and many of the figures will be featured in their more classic costumes pre-New 52. Each figure will cost $24.95 and the first figure which will be of Batman is expected to hit in November 2015. Here is how the first three waves will break down:

Wave 1 (November/December)

• Deadman, with interchangeable hands and a "ghost aura" that fits on most figure's heads

• Green Arrow, the version from writer Mike Grell's The Longbow Hunter series with bow and arrow

• Batman, a pre-"New 52" iteration with Batarang and grapple gun

• Mister Miracle, the latest incarnation who comes with Miracle disks and a Mother Box

• The Flash, the Barry Allen from 1980s' Crisis on Infinite Earths with Speed Force treadmill

• Black Adam, the new version who comes with lightning hands

Wave 2 (December)

• Blue Beetle, the Jaime Reyes version with arm cannons and removable wings

• Lex Luthor, the Justice League member with clip-on energy blades

• Green Lantern, a pre-"New 52" Hal Jordan with power armor

Wave 3 (February 2016)

• Superman, the pre-"New 52" version with interchangeable hands and head, chain and robot helper Kalax

• Aquaman, with trident

• Harley Quinn, original version with hammer, rubber chicken, pop gun and pie

• The Atom set, featuring female version Atomica from the Crime Syndicate of America, midsize figure Ryan Choy and small figure Ray Palmer

These look really great thus far, but I do hope that they will have a waist twist and thigh swivels... and please no clear plastic joints.

Thanks for posting the entire article. For some reason my I-pad won't let me do that.
Rattrap96
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 am

Poor Arthur looks like he needs a Baby Ruth.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 am

Okay, a criticism: their face sculpts have no real character to them. DCUC had, at least, some variety to the heads and the sculpts---and certainly the expressions. Aquaman is a prime example here; the DCUC version is far stronger and more handsome than the sculpt shown above. I like Batman and the Flash a lot here.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

DC Collectibles DC Icons Series at Toy Fair 2015

Postby 1987olds442 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:55 pm

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles