Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby Truwe » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:29 am

What is concerning for me, now :D, is the range of motion on the hips. It looks like they are using something similar to the Super Articulated Batman from Arkham City. I was messing around with that figure the other night and noticed the range wasn't very good. Thoughts, anyone?
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Is that the Batman figure that has the gaps in ththe hips? If so, then I also share your concerns but will wait to pass judgment until I have them in hand...but I see your point
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Truwe » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 pm

I think so. It was this one, which oddly enough, I can only get the leg out as far as the one pictured can.

Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:34 pm

I thought of another character that I would like to see in this line pre-new 52 Cyborg Superman. With his reign of the Supermen look and Hunter Prey Apokolips black and red armor look.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:49 pm

I'd be down for those renditions...if this line gets that far, I'm sure we'll see them
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Truwe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:41 am

Idiot Savant wrote:I'd be down for those renditions...if this line gets that far, I'm sure we'll see them

Sounds like you are skeptical of this line lasting as long as DCC thinks it is. Glad I am not the only one. I just remember their History of DC line that was suppose to be their long running line and I think that fell flat after a series or two.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:05 am

When Marvel Legends came out, I took one look at the first wave of the toys and thought to myself (Self): " This is all we are ever going to see. A toy line THIS COOL will never catch on with consumers."

Well, I'm glad that I was completely wrong.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:08 pm

I so want to see how these figures look next to a DCUC figure.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Truwe wrote:
Idiot Savant wrote:I'd be down for those renditions...if this line gets that far, I'm sure we'll see them

Sounds like you are skeptical of this line lasting as long as DCC thinks it is. Glad I am not the only one. I just remember their History of DC line that was suppose to be their long running line and I think that fell flat after a series or two.

I think you're right about the length of time for the HotDCU figures...those were ok figures (I only have Supes and Bats) but we're athestically weird

These look so much better
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 am

I was recently dealing with the DCC customer service about getting a broken Starfire replaced, and they hooked me with a new one. After receiving the the replacement I sent them a thank you. And I also asked them a question about the Icons line. I mentioned that I like many other collectors like to mix up figures from various line in their displays, so I mention that it is on a lot of collectors minds how these figures will look next to Mattel's DCUC line.

We haven’t gotten our production versions of the Icons figures here in the office yet. Once we do we will take a look to see how they feel with Mattel’s line. They won’t be a perfect match but they will be a lot closer than our larger scale figures.

So hopefully when they get some of the Icon figures at the office we will get some comparison pictures :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles