Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 pm

This is why I hate the New52. Why is Darkseid so effin big? The Batgirl cycle is cool but that's pricey. Meh. They're too small so not anything I'll buy..
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

I am all over every single accessory set as they come out!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 pm

For the price that you have to pay for these figures are nuts ... I just can't stomach some of things that they offered and I just can't see myself buying them.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Ken Davis » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:For the price that you have to pay for these figures are nuts ... I just can't stomach some of things that they offered and I just can't see myself buying them.

If you take a look at the product displayed for action figures......there's not a lot of stuff aimed at kids this time around. Most of the product is aimed at adult collectors, it seems.....at least the coverage on several sites leads to that conclusion.
And, of course, adults are the ones expected to have disposable income for this stuff, so......
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:00 pm

The characters you already own, but now MORE EXPENSIVE! Yay!

Seriously, these are nice, but the price is just insane. If that Batgirl gets discounted down the line, easy purchase (I'd be willing to go $40 or so on her), but everything else is a pass. Maybe if that Swamp Thing gets discounted I'd go for him, but I already have the DCUC one.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:49 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:The characters you already own, but now MORE EXPENSIVE! Yay!

Which is exactly the flaw with this line. It's another go-around--the forth consecutive, if you count DCUC, DC-Direct up to this point, and the Animated JLU run of characters. They are all different styles and scales......but the rosters are essentially all identical.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Yes. Which is why when people get excited that Hasbro and Mattel might merge that we might see ML style DC figs. Personally, I don't see the merger happening, but secondly, I'd rather see Mattel continue in the current style with more comic based figures. If we were to get MLs we'd be seeing probably 80% re-dos if not more.

Like SWL, if that Babs in wheel chair gets cheap, I'll bite. But $80 for giant sized Darkseid? WTH.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Yeah, I've got the Darkseid ( DCUC, with Killing Glove) I want, so any other version is..........pffft. The giant sized ones don't interest me at all.

Nu52 stuff started and stopped for me with the last DCUC figures. Those are all I have and all I will ever have. I'll pass on any other versions. Besides, I still have about 2 dozen DCUC figures I'd like to (eventually) acquire, so I'll still be active enough collecting the Mattel figures for a while yet.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:13 pm

What does Darkseid need with shoulder pads? Or any armor? He's DARKSEID.

PB, I know I saw that Babs in a wheelchair somewhere in the ToyFair pics, but I can't find it. What line is she in?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:58 pm

Not really sure but thought she might come with Batgirl, too? Just looked at images again, no sign of knee articulation, which I guess since she's in a wheel chair is place to cut budget, but would still be disappointing somewhat.

UPDATE: Listed as Batman: Arkham Knight 2-pack
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles