Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:59 am

Ouch, but nice.

Ouch because there's now a bit of a collecting dilemma for those that embraced the Mattel DCUC line--as this NEW line from DC Collecibles appears to be the heir apparent to DCUC. But it's like starting all over again. And they'll be $25, each.

Nice because they are 6", they look to be as poseable as DCUC AND they come with accessories that make sense--multiple hands, gear ( Cosmic Treadmill for the Flash etc).

DCUC has, and still is, given me everything I've wanted from the DC stable of characters. I don't see or feel a need to start over with this new line, and yet.......some of these figures do look REALLY nice. I'll probably want to see how they look in hand, or how well they pose before I really pull the trigger.
Last edited by Ken Davis on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby Rattrap96 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Rattrap96
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:06 pm

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=24208
toynewsi.com wrote:DC Collectibles via USAToday has revealed a new line of 6" (Thats right we said 6") DC Comic based figures. The line is being called "DC Comics Icons," and many of the figures will be featured in their more classic costumes pre-New 52. Each figure will cost $24.95 and the first figure which will be of Batman is expected to hit in November 2015. Here is how the first three waves will break down:

Wave 1 (November/December)

• Deadman, with interchangeable hands and a "ghost aura" that fits on most figure's heads

• Green Arrow, the version from writer Mike Grell's The Longbow Hunter series with bow and arrow

• Batman, a pre-"New 52" iteration with Batarang and grapple gun

• Mister Miracle, the latest incarnation who comes with Miracle disks and a Mother Box

• The Flash, the Barry Allen from 1980s' Crisis on Infinite Earths with Speed Force treadmill

• Black Adam, the new version who comes with lightning hands

Wave 2 (December)

• Blue Beetle, the Jaime Reyes version with arm cannons and removable wings

• Lex Luthor, the Justice League member with clip-on energy blades

• Green Lantern, a pre-"New 52" Hal Jordan with power armor

Wave 3 (February 2016)

• Superman, the pre-"New 52" version with interchangeable hands and head, chain and robot helper Kalax

• Aquaman, with trident

• Harley Quinn, original version with hammer, rubber chicken, pop gun and pie

• The Atom set, featuring female version Atomica from the Crime Syndicate of America, midsize figure Ryan Choy and small figure Ray Palmer

These look really great thus far, but I do hope that they will have a waist twist and thigh swivels... and please no clear plastic joints.
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:41 pm

I'd be tempted by some of the accessories alone, but if they're way too big to mesh with DCUC then I'll most likely pass.

Mattycollector conspiracist says, "So this is why DC killed Mattel's Classics line on purpose."
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Truwe » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:12 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I'd be tempted by some of the accessories alone, but if they're way too big to mesh with DCUC then I'll most likely pass.

Mattycollector conspiracist says, "So this is why DC killed Mattel's Classics line on purpose."

Agreed. I am not super crazy about the ab articulation that they use and the lack of thigh swivel. My only other hesitation is how long are they going to run the line for? More than ten series, I might be all in. Three series, I'll probably just cherry pick.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:36 pm

PS--I really can't stomach that Mr. Miracle design.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:44 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:PS--I really can't stomach that Mr. Miracle design.

Same here... Dang does that ever look bad.

Big Bad Toy Store already has them up for preorder.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:10 pm

If nothing else, I really want that treadmill.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Ha, that was my first thought. Not really a fan of the heads on Supes, Arthur, and Luthor. Not that if buy any of them anyway. Especially poor Arthur. So far none pictured would pique my interest. Maybe they'll get into more obscure characters down the line, but for now I'm going to pass.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Harley at Toy Fair?
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles