Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Predict the next five new to plastic figures...

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Predict the next five new to plastic figures...

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:36 pm

I thought it might be fun to predict what the next five new to plastic figures would be from DC. They could come from any line (Multiverse, DC Collectibles, etc.), but your picks have to be a character that's never been done in action figure form in any scale or style. So new versions of characters we already have (i.e. Bruce Wayne, Jason Todd, Clark Kent, etc.) wouldn't count for this particular list.

For my picks, I'm only guessing bat-related folks, as they're the only ones I collect. But feel free to choose any DC character for your own guesses.

My predictions:

1.Joker's Daughter - seems to be quite the buzz on this character, so I'm guessing we'll see her from DCC.
2.Electrocutioner - one of the assassins from Arkham Origins seems like a safe bet.
3.Lady Shiva - ditto
4.Copperhead (female version) - while we have a Copperhead, the Origins version is a new character entirely.
5.Professor Pyg - I'm still holding out hope that Beware the Batman will get a few Multiverse figures.

Who do you guys think DC will debut in plastic next?
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Re: Predict the next five new to plastic figures...

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 am

I think those are good guesses, though I wouldn't hold out much hope for any more Beware the Batman figs. DCC might eventually do a Pyg if he plays a prominent role in a Bat book sometime, though.

I don't know about predictions, but I'll give my want list (excluding the AO figs you already mentioned):

1) Sea King. Even though he showed up dead, he's just appeared in JLD, so I'm hoping they round out the CSA with a fig if him eventually. Love the design.

2) Red Hood (Jason Todd). Why there hasn't been a figure of him yet is baffling, but seeing as how they've teased an Arsenal figure, he's gotta be around the corner.

3) Frankenstein. Great design, and very toyetic. Would be good exposure for the character.

4) Merlyn (Arrow). The first 2-pack looks great, so I hope they come out with more, and Merlyn would be a must have.

5) Bleez. Again, surprised no one has made her yet. I know the GL craze is over, but she's a pretty glaring onmission, and would make for a pretty awesome figure.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Good picks. I don't understand why Frankenstein wasn't last year's Mattel con exclusive. He's a character that fits both New 52 and the old continuity, very toyetic, and has great pop culture appeal. He's a natural, but I guess they knew the line was ending and didn't really care so much at that point.

Technically, though, Red Hood doesn't count for first time in plastic, so you need another # 2. Jason has had a few toys made over the years (Hush Jason, Jason as Batman, etc.). Either way, I think New 52 Red Hood is a lock now that Arsenal has been shown by DCC. I just hope the Outlaws are all sold separately, as I don't want a New 52 Starfire or Arsenal, despite Roy's cool hat articulation.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:06 pm

I stand by my #2! That would be like saying you don't need a Superman figure because we already got a Clark Kent. We need a Red Hood!

And they switched the Suicide Squad figures from a 3-pack to single releases, so I'm hoping they keep that trend with the Outlaws.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm not saying we don't need a Red Hood, I'm just saying it's not his first time in plastic.

But yeah, I'm hoping that cruel exercise in getting Catwoman in the 7-pack is the last of the multi-pack nonsense.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:26 pm

1) Mammoth

2) Shimmer

3) Psi-Mon

4) Jynx

5) Gizmo

:schal:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:31 pm

these are my picks, and I think they would be all new to dcc, but not positive.

1. Jokers Daughter.
2. the Outsider/earth 3 Alfred
3. Atomica
4. Prof. pyg
5. Relic

I dont see them makin anything that isnt New 52 or Arkham Asylum oriented, which sucks for certain characters that have slipped through the cracks prior to the new 52. i couldnt even guess on what Mattel will be making.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Isn't Atomic already on her way with one of the other Crime Syndicate members?

The Outsider would be pretty cool, though. (Although to be honest, I'd prefer the 60s version.)
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 pm

I didnt know, Im not up on dcc. It just seemed like a logical choice to me.

If she is, then I would say prob Sea King. I was trying to think of Arkham figures, but it seems like they have made everyone at one time or another.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Mahzian » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Hmmm, so many characters have had incarnations before so this is tricky, my guesses would be:

1. Earth 2 Superman (good)
2. Earth 2 Superman (evil)
3. Earth 2 Batman (can't remember in the solicited one was the current Batman or the one that died)
4. Sea King
5. New 52 Hawkman (pretty sure this was slated at some point and remember seeing the proto but got shelved for some reason)

If New 52 Hawkman doesn't count as he has had previous versions and a New 52 version in DCUC I'd probably replace him with Red Robin (current Teen Titans Tim Drake) or the new Robin (whoever that may be)
Mahzian
Civilian
Civilian

Next

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles