Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Anyone else scared for the DC Cinematic Universe?

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Anyone else scared for the DC Cinematic Universe?

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Honestly, Didio and Johns just need to stay the f*** away from the DC Cinematic Universe. Seriously, DC needs to take Marvel's approach to films - I know this is kicking a dead horse, but it's the truth. Lock Johns, Lee, Didio, and everyone else who sits in the Big Chairs over there OUT of the creative meetings.

DC needs to find a Kevin Feige; someone who can manage their whole brand of films, and can sketch out a rough slate for them to follow. Enough of this "Godfathered by Christopher Nolan" BS, stop letting Goyer write ALL the films (Jumper? The Unborn? Yeah, let's have that guy responsible for the whole DCfU), and get more than a fistful of filmmakers (Zack Snyder, Nolan, Greg freakin' Berlanti) involved. Besides Favreau directing the first two Iron Man films and Whedon handling Avengers, the Marvel films all have differing creative teams in the writing and directing departments. Really, it's kind of like...well, it's like alternating the creative teams on a comic book from story arc to story arc, kind of. How DC/WB fail to understand that just astounds me.

Although, than again, looking at how they managed the New 52...
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Anyone else scared for the DC Cinematic Universe?

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 am

Words cannot express how much I agree with you, Caleb!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Previous

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies