Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Arrow

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Arrow

Postby Illiasc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Yep, definitely never heard of Cupid before, and they certainly did cast an attractive woman for her. The thing for me is that what they showed during Ray Palmer's end scene almost looked like some kind of Iron-Man suit, though. As in, it's not just a simple costume but looked to be more "gadgetry and armor" in style, making me think Arrow might possibly stick with less meta and more mechanics. Who knows though. Although it was super weird to see Captain Boomerang appear here and not The Flash, I guess it fits, since he's purely about weapons and with the approach of both shows, would fit a bit more in with Arrow than The Flash. I definitely did like seeing both the Atom's upcoming work and the debut of Captain Boomerang.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:15 pm

I'll not be watching the 3-part ARROW (Show) of which involves the Black Canary and wait until the last shows end so that I can watch all three of them at once. I dislike any network that makes it's viewers to wait 3 weeks for the grand finale.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 am

So have you guys taken a look at Laurel's new costume yet? I'm not really a fan of it. If they were going to do such a departure from Sarah's costume, I think it might have been cooler if they went with something more like one of her Birds of Prey comic costumes instead.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:34 pm

I've not seen it yet, no. Is it actually disappointing or just not "great" ?
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:50 pm

I laughed so hard when I heard all those Golden Age Green Arrow references. Arrow Mobile, Arrowcave. Total mark here. Nice new duds, too. :gagrin: Not big on Laurel's new costume either. Looks a little Arkham Asylum Harley to me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Oh and it took a while but I finally realized they've been naming Streets and Avenues after famous DC staffers like Adams and Infantino. :gagrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:08 am

Laurel's new costume is a total letdown but I'm enjoying the show altogether now and it's really has some good moments and some bad moments. One pleasant surprise is Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity is really becoming my Number 1 character on that show. She and Digger are Number 1 and 2 ... followed by Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:11 am

AcidDragon wrote:Oh and it took a while but I finally realized they've been naming Streets and Avenues after famous DC staffers like Adams and Infantino. :gagrin:

I noticed that too ... Acid and that's so freaking cool to pay homage to the great DC Comics staffers and personalities of the past. I just loved that touch!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 am

Just don't walk down Leifeld Lane. I hear they don't look kindly upon feet on their ground.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Illiasc » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 pm

:galol: Oh packerbacker180!

I too laughed during the mention of the Arrow Mobile. I wasn't even really paying enough attention to their street names though, but that's pretty cool!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies