Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Wonder Woman In Superman Vs. Batman?

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Height for characters doesn't matter in Hollywood; just look at Jackman/Wolvie....

The only thing I ever care about is a good story. I always want the best actor/actress for the role and I would be delighted if Alexander does get the role; I think she could do her justice.

I agree with Caleb and I do fear that WB is going 120 mph to a wall with no brakes...if they do actually put Diana into the MoS sequel, I hope the role is a small establishing appearance to set up the next film; WONDER WOMAN: AMAZONIAN PRINCESS.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:06 am

I guess she could always just be Diana Prince in this film? I dunno?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm

So now the rumor is: Olga Karenko (or something like that) from "Obilivion" is supposedly up for and testing for the role of Wondie....

She was pretty decent in "Oblivion" as I can recall and she is fairly tall as well as having a non-American look to her. I guess we'll see how it goes down and where it goes...but I guess the thing we can take away from this is that the Star-Spangled Underpants is going to make an appearance in B vs S
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:51 pm

No way, really? I liked her in Quantum of Solace but I'm not sure how she'd be as a Wonder Woman but I guess if she gets the part, we'll see...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:31 pm

My vote still goes for Atwell, but I completely forgot about Olga. She's a decent enough actress, and she actually kicked A LOT of butt in the film Centurion (which everyone should watch, BTW). I can definitely see her in the part. Not sure about the accent. In her early films, she's very, very Russian. But, if I recall Oblivion correctly, she's good at covering up the "Geet Moose Unt Sqwireel!" accent.

For those unfamiliar with the lovely Ms. Kurylenko, here she is in Centurion:

And bronzed up / airbrushed for Maxim:

I dunno. Of the actresses they've "tested" for the role (Jamie Alexander's the other), I'd definitely prefer Olga. She just looks more other-worldly to me.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Robin rumored to be in Batman Vs. Superman as well.

Postby Caleb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Okay, I've been trying to keep an open mind about the upcoming Man of Steel sequel. Really, I have. But this whole thing is starting to feel like a "Let's Start A Bunch of Different Franchises" movie, not a sequel to a film that - let's be honest - wasn't very well-developed in the plot department. First Batman was added. Okay, fine. Then rumors began circulating about The Flash. Then Wonder Woman. And now Dick Grayson / Robin, with Adam Driver supposedly the frontrunner.

Okay, first off? This is not Nightwing. This is not Dick Grayson. This is...uh...some guy who orders kamboucha and rips on everyone else's musical taste while his pants cut off brain circulation?

Okay, he's Jimmy Olsen, at best. Hopefully the reports are inaccurate, and he's actually playing Jimmy.

Secondly, if Robin is a part of this movie as well? Did NOBODY watch X-Men: The Last Stand?! Or Spider-Man 3?! The reason The Avengers worked was because THOSE characters - save for Hawkeye - had a movie or two of development BEFORE The Avengers even took place. They didn't all get introduced in the same freakin' movie. Seriously, I know that paycheck must look pretty sweet to WB / DC, but in all honesty? A fast-track with this many characters has a very, very, very slim chance of being good.

I have a cousin who was obsessed with Twilight. Obsessed. And, damn it, her fandom - while I may despise Bella Swan with every fiber of my being - deserved movies with a little thought put into them. Movies where the studio took some time to think and made sure they got everything right. Not the "Five Months Is Enough Production Time" movies that Summit spat out. Seriously, the fans of any huge property deserve better than a slapdash sequel made with...well, more sequels in mind and little else.

Jesus, WB, focus on telling the best Superman story you can. Not how many heroes you can fit into it.

Article: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111200
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Robin rumored to be in Batman Vs. Superman as well.

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 pm

WB is why no DC property seems to suceed in live action. When ghey take a backseat, we get gold like the nolen bat films, and Arrow. When not, we get this.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Terry O'Quinn in Cotention for Lex Luthor Role?

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:58 pm

terry_oquinn.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this. He's a good actor but am I off base when I say that I'm fed up with old people taking the mantle of Lex Luthor? I don't mean the guy should be in his teens but really a youthful 40's looking at most.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Terry O'Quinn in Cotention for Lex Luthor Role?

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:03 pm

I like the Bryan Cranston idea...and I would prefer an older Lex who's been in town for a while; BUT I also like the look of Gary Frank's interpretation in the Secret Origin books, but Lex is also a bit older in that story so let's to with that to stop my senseless rants...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Terry O'Quinn in Cotention for Lex Luthor Role?

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Kind of like the idea. Definitely has the chops to pull it off.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies