Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby Caleb » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:58 pm

What about Paul Bettany? His film career never actually hit the stratosphere like it was supposed to, but he's generally decent (even when he's in something crappy), he's super-blonde, he always seems to have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, and he's got the right lanky build for the character. I think he'd make a great Constantine.

Well, or Daniel Craig. But that isn't going to happen in a network show.

He's not the right nationality, but I don't think Kevin McKidd would be a bad choice for Constantine either.

The makeup on Tennant would have to be pretty gritty. Don't get me wrong, he's a good fit for the role, and his voice alone would make him a really, really interesting Constantine. But I just don't see him as a guy who spends his days fighting demons and mucking about with magic. Constantine's a rough-looking guy who has been through a lot, and Tennant never has that kind of look. He's got the chops, but they'd definitely need to give him some makeup.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Ooh yeah, Paul Bettany. Forgot about him. He wouldn't be a bad choice, either. Yeah, Tennant would need some serious battle wear make-up but I think he could pull it off. Otherwise, there's always Gordon Ramsey! ROFL! :batshock:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:42 pm

I sincerely doubt NBC could afford Bettany, and I doubt Kevin McKidd would leave Good Looking Doctors Screw in a Seattle Hospital to play Constantine. Too bad Ramsay's not an actor, considering that Tim Bradstreet has actually drawn John to look like him on a cover or two. I don't mind the idea of Tennant, but he is a little too handsome (even my gay sister thinks he's "gorgeous"), and I don't know that he'd leave the UK (he's got a wife and three kids out there) for a show on the the cancelliest American television network.
The good news is, if Del Toro's movie ever gets off the ground, we probably do have a good chance at seeing Craig or Bettany in the role.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:54 pm

I would bet NBC is going to hire a "no-name" English actor whom they can pay very little.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Tom Turbine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I'll take the no-name guy as long as he bares a passing resemblance and can act decently enough over someone who doesn't fit the role at all who's more well-known. :batsmile: Now that you mention it, that seems pretty likely. Say, what about John Simm from Life on Mars?
In Seaboard City, crime doesn't pay!!
Tom Turbine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 pm

American shows have a lot of "no-name" British actors on them these days, many of them playing Americans, and I have yet to see one (that I know of) who can't act.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:17 pm

I'd kind of like to see Jack Davenport from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Flash Forward, and Smash. Bleach his hair and tell him to lose a few pounds.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:05 am

Actually, I could see Jack Davenport. And he's done plenty of TV. Very diverse portfolio.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Hugh Laurie wouldn't be a bad choice.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Newsarama just put out a top ten choice list. Some names I'm not too familiar with. I will say that Tennant's look in Broadchurch would work pretty well for Constantine. Just change the hairstyle a little.

Newsrama Top 10
Last edited by packerbacker180 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Just added a link. :)
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies