Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:24 am

Webslinger wrote:To be clear... I wasn't referring to your post, just pointing out that not every episode will be a winner unfortunately. If people are fans of the comics or movie then they will have to realize that not every episode will translate directly from the comics etc... It happens to pretty much everything, something will always get lost in the translation from print to media. It is just a fact of life. I'm just happy to see so many comic related shows on TV this season, four of them being DC shows and one from Marvel with Agent Carter coming in a mini series next year.

I'm happy about it, too, and while I'm not digging on Arrow, Flash, or Gotham, I've been loving Agents of Shield this season, I too am really looking forward to Agent Carter, and as much as I picked apart one scene last week, I really liked Constantine last Friday. And speaking as a fan of the comics, I absolutely realize that not every episode will translate directly from print to screen. I thought the pilot had the spirit of the comics and the character, and aside from what I mentioned in my last post, that's all I'm asking from this show. I sure as **** know they'll never be able to do "Dangerous Habits," and I'm just fine with that.
Last edited by S. Griffin on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:39 am

Dangerous Habits... Man, of all the grizzly components in that arc, by far the one that affected me the most was surprisingly the build up and then finally when
Spoiler:
John whips out the razor blade and slits his wrist and blood is just a spraying.

I was kind of on the fence with tonight's episode. I didn't hate it. It wasn't terrible. It just probably won't be up there among my favorite Constantine episodes of all time... I just have this feeling that it won't. :jclol: I'm sure this isn't their best offering and I remain optimistic and there's a lot of greatness still to come. It was okay filler as far as I'm concerned. With how quickly networks seem to be dropping shows these days, I can see needing to bring some A-game material at the early going.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Illiasc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Because I didn't watch it on Halloween night, I guess I wasn't really expecting or hoping for some super scare episode. Also, I don't have a background on reading Hellblazer, so I don't have much critique on the episode's details either. To me, it was an interesting one to watch in general. I like Zed more than Liv, but am already thinking "Well how long is she going to last?" because of the little twist with Liv. It seems to me that people are giving Constantine more room for chances and forgiving than the other shows, but I don't really have an opinion on it being better or worse than, say, Gotham. We're only 2 episodes in. Still loving the art though, and it was neat to see DCTR's Hellblazer cover of choice in the background of this ep. Overall, right now Constantine is that one DC related show I watch more for curious interest than actual connection to/with the characters and storyline.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:16 pm

What did you guys think of the more gory occult themed Constantine episode last night? I thought it was pretty good. Still not scary but better than the Halloween night episode and thought Papa Midnite's intro into the series was decent. I liked that he was a thief and a con man but not really a cold blooded killer when he didn't have to be.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:44 pm

I finally watched last weeks episode, and out of the three superhero shows I watch (Gotham, Flash, Constantine) I like this one the least. The coal mine episode felt like a really bad Supernatural episode. I don't know. I'll give it a few weeks, but I think if I had no attachments to comics, and were just a casual TV viewer, I probably wouldn't continue watching this.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:24 pm

This week's episode was very solid. Night and day compared to the last one. Not as good as (most of) the pilot, but still well directed, well written, and well acted by most of the cast. Speaking of...I was ****ing tickled to see Joelle Carter show up this week as Jasmine, making her the third actor from Justified to appear on the show in as many weeks.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:37 am

I liked this week's episode a lot. The scene in the morgue where the stiffs started freaking out was especially great.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:53 am

I missed this week episode - and I will try to catch it later on my cable box for reruns - sounds promising ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I missed it too, and sadly for me there aren't any reruns to catch. For some reason it just didn't record. Ooh well.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:37 pm

S. Griffin wrote:This week's episode was very solid. Night and day compared to the last one. Not as good as (most of) the pilot, but still well directed, well written, and well acted by most of the cast.

I just watched the latest show and I thought as same as S. Griffin here and I thought the show acting was excellent and other than that - it's not as entertaining as the Flash and Arrow and I thought this show is much, much better than Gotham. You can count me as a fan, but not at nearly as good as Flash and Arrow.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies