Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:56 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Can't recall the last NBC drama I watched. Surprised this wasn't called Law & Order: Magic.

Interesting way to put it in content - I like your thinking here! :) :lol: :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Pretty good for the most part, and it had some visceral bite, but it's still lacking the edge it needs to have at its core and with John, regardless of how well Matt Ryan plays the role that's written for him.
I was happy to see tv John smoking, but that's still not enough. Also why the hell could he smoke tonight but not before?
I'm not sure how I felt about the really not subtle hint at Jim Corrigan being killed and becoming the Spectre.
Not liking the pattern that's emerging: SOLID EPISODE, WEAK EPISODE, SOLID EPISODE, WEAK EPISODE, SOLID EPISODE....I hope this pattern breaks before the show is cancelled, which judging by the ratings may be happening very soon, but I seriously doubt this show will get actually good and that tv John will become who he's supposed to be before that.
:jcsmh:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:10 am

After last week I don't ****ing want them to.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Barring some kind of ratings miracle this will all be over soon, as NBC is not ordering any more episodes after the initial thirteen. This show was doomed from the start. Can't say I'm going to miss this show, and again, I don't really see it getting much better than it's been.
Maybe in another nine or ten years, WB will take another stab at Hellblazer and not **** it up. :jclol:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Agree. This show has just been lacking in something from the get-go. I tried watching Friday's ep and after about five minutes decided I want to do something else so it's still sitting on the DVR.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:15 pm

I stopped watching it and don't even bother with my ON DEMAND of which they record up to the previous three weeks worth of show. I stopped watching it last week.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:04 pm

What a heartbreaking disappointment... :jcsmh:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 am

Maybe Syfy Channel might pick it up and make some improvements to the show and I feel that they have the talent and the resources to add new life to this show. That's might do the trick.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm

The "talent" is already on the show. You got Goyer and Cerone, as well as Mark Verheiden and Rockne S. O'Bannon who are Scifi (pre-name change) veterans. None of them really seem to get it, however. And I don't know what you mean by resources, but if NBC moves this thing to SyFy, it's budget will get a hell of a lot smaller.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:18 pm

All I know is this show did not turn out the way I expected. :batsad: Guess it'll be yet another 1 season Blu-ray I'll add to my collection of cancelled shows.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies