Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:08 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Who cares what the British say? It's on NBC which I believe stands for Not a British Channel. They've had no jurisdiction here for 227 years.

Well, the character is British and was created and perfected by a couple of guys from the UK, but fine. No jurisdiction. I'm an American, I'm a long time fan of the character, and I will once again reaffirm that I think the actor needs to be either English or at least from the Isles, so there!
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Would you rather have the guy be from the Isle or resemble the character? Besides, I thought it was DC mission statement to piss off Alan Moore whenever possible.

How about Aidan Gillen? Would an Irishman put a knot in their knickers?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:44 pm

I'd rather have the guy be from the Isles and resemble the character. Doesn't have to be one or the other.
It's impossible not to piss off Alan Moore. And I doubt that Garth Ennis would have a problem with a fellow Irishman playing the character. I have no problem if he can act and do a good Liverpool/Lancashire accent. I know Gillen can do one of those things, but probably won't have a chance to find out if he can do the other. If by some chance I (we) can and he does...GREAT!
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:49 pm

So Luis Guzman would be a nonstarter, no?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 pm

:smlol:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:45 pm

I like the idea of Roche. He looks fairly like the part, can probably pull off the accent, and I've seen him play mischievous a-hole before.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Based on looks, I'd say Gillen would be perfectly fine as Constantine. But I'm sure he's committed to Game of Thrones for the foreseeable future, considering how big a part Baelish plays in the latter half of the third book / fourth book.

A buddy of mine keeps insisting that James Purefoy would make a great Constantine. I'm not sure about that one, actually. The only thing I remember Purefoy from, besides commercials for The Following, is the first Resident Evil film. And everyone was terrible in that, so I can't speak for him as an actor. Anyone got an opinion?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Hmmm, he wouldn't be too bad.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm

I've seen Purefoy in quite a few things, and he is quite good when given the right material. I don't really believe he'd make a great John Constantine, but he could certainly work; he's not Keanu. Thing is, he's returning to The Following. No word if he'll be in the whole second season, but he very well might. Could be in for a third season for all we know.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Spoiler:
But I thought he died at the end of the Following? :roll:
(yes, I watched, I will go to the corner now).

Maybe I'll have Smallville make me a "Roche for Constantine role" banner. Kidding. Sort of. Not really.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies