Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Justice League:WAR

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Justice League:WAR

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm

I got the steel book blu-ray from Target for $15.99
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Upon watching (which I will do again..) it's a good movie, though not as fantastic as I was hoping. Wonder Woman was portrayed a bit over the top for my tastes, Supes was alright, GL was kinda annoying, Cyborg was cool, Capt Marvel (I'll NEVER call him SHAZAM) was a prick of an 8 year old trapped in a superheroes body; the only standouts were Flash and Bats who were both well done.

Not the best but I guess we have to consider the source material...that I do have to go back and re-read just to make sure I'm clear in the head!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby wingnut1969 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Not really a fan of the movie. It was ok but nothing special. I felt the same way about Flashpoint too. The thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is the ouster of Aquaman for the new and "improved" Captain Marvel. Aquaman would have been a much better choice for the movie than this version of Cap. Futility your name is "SHAZAM!" Really, why does DC have such a hard-on for this character? He is far less impressive than the original - OOOH, he can shoot lightning! BFD. All he managed to do was get his ass kicked and get in the way. Other than summoning the lightning to power motherbox he was a waste of time. I am also very tired of the anime style of animation infesting my DCAU movies - although it looks like I will hafta suffer it again in Son of Batman - Deathstroke?! Really disappointed but considering I was not a fan of the boring source material that is no surprise.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:09 pm

I did like the movie but I thought it was not as good as most of what already came out. I liked it more than Superman/Batman Apocalypse but that's about it probably.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 am

Agreed. I'm hoping that the DCAU doesn't continue with this aggravating language..though they probably will cuz they thinkm that's what we all want to hear.

Hearing Superman say "son of a bitch" with that cocky-ass smirk on his stupid face really pisses me off...if the DCAU continues, looks like I'm dumping the animated movies along with the comics.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Crazy Jetty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:58 pm

I pretty much hated it. If this is an accurate adaptation of the new 52, I want none of that, thank you. Except for batman and flash, everyone acting like an immature prick.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 am

The movie was fairly consistent to the original story (minus Shazam/Aquaman) and I have the same opinion on both, bland. Not necessary bad, just basic. Everyone was pretty annoying, and the conflict is one that has happened many times, and been done better. One of the weaker DC animated movies for sure.
*Batman and Cyborg didnt bother me at all. And Im glad they had Aquaman sit this one out, since it seems they are planning a "Throne of Atlantis" story for the next New 52 DCAU movie. That is a FAR superior story, and should be very entertaining.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies