Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Necessary Evil - Super-Villains of DC Comics

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Necessary Evil - Super-Villains of DC Comics

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 am

Yeah, I'm all over this...I'm a sucker for documentaries, especially when it comes to comic characters.

Did anyone watch/buy the PBS "Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle"? I did and it's 3 hours long, starting with the Golden to the Modern age...good show.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 am

Ha, I PVRed and watched it all. It was excellent. Missed the first fifteen minutes or so of episode one, though. I loved the stuff about Roy’s drug addiction and the Spider-man drug issue. Neal Adams was really on point and entertaining.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Has anyone bought this yet? Is it worth buying??
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 am

I stopped by my Best Buy yesterday and they were sold out (only place in town to carry it from it's Friday release date).

Then I called Walmart earlier yesterday and I spoke to a guy in entertainment and he said it sounded familiar and it's in his box of new releases (he made it sound like he was in the process of putting them out) but when I went in yesterday it wasn't out at all...will try again today.

Will let you know today....
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:55 pm

I found mine at Walmart...both DVD and Blu-Ray has the same exact show with no special features so for me the no-brainer was getting the standard DVD at $10.

I'll watch it in a bit and give you my 2 cents then
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:26 pm

After watching this documentary, outside of not knowing how I feel about having Christopher Lee narrate what little he did (didn't sound very "sober"...) I enjoyed it overall.

They went through slight histories of some of the characters and interviews by a whole host of people involved one way or another with DC...fairly insightful stuff. There were no special features at all which is kind of a bummer for me; as I said, I'm a sucker for all documentaries, especially geek documentaries.

Don't bother with the Blu-Ray (unless you're THAT type of person), for that has no special features either.

If its available on Netflix, then by all means watch it there...otherwise decent pickup if you have an extra $10 to spend.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm

They should have thrown in a couple villain oriented episodes of jlu
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Previous

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies