Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Flash CW TV Series

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: The Flash series!

Postby Illiasc » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Man that was awesome! First off I'm glad to see, finally, another DC show to enjoy that actually has a plethora of comic characters that do more than use modern weapons to terrorize or save their city. I'm excited to see all the rogues they previewed for us, the Grodd hint, the fact that a pretty well known rogue was their intro villain, and that the show is a bit brighter than Gotham and Arrow, yet still slightly ties with Arrow. I forgot if they ever mentioned if Weather Wizard's brother is out of the picture or not though, (as in dead, did they mention?) because I think the only disappointing thing was that he lasted only one episode. I kind of wanted to think he'd pop up again, perhaps in the form of his brother, although I'm aware that chance is pretty nil considering their approach on how he got his powers isn't the same as the comics where his brother could just take the technology.

Watching this pilot, because I just recently watched the 90's Flash, certainly did make me think back on that pilot episode, and one thing I was definitely surprised to see is that they didn't touch once on his eating habits. That's actually surprising. No complaints though, I'm very glad with how this show started off, and am super excited for the next episodes! Not only am I curious for what rogues will next pop up, but what other "meta-humans" (superheroes) they'll throw in as guest appearances in random episodes. :bafgrin:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:13 am

OneNineSix wrote:I don't know about anyone else but I am completely transported back to 1990 after seeing this. It's the same overwhelmingly awesome feeling I had when I saw the John Wesley Shipp series for the first time. Out of all the DC TV shows that have aired so far, this is my favorite pilot episode. Everything about it was perfecto. :wwfgrin:

So true. I thought the same thing. I got a little giddy in the scene when Professor Wells told Barry to run!! :wwgrin:

Late to the party but sadly just got in and watched it on PVR. Darn life.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:05 pm

I think I'm in love with Iris West and Caitlin Snow. :smoops:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Yeah, those two are real eye candy. I was talking to someone yesterday about the ending and I'm wondering what that means. Could he be Zoom from the future or maybe a Monitor or the Monitor from the original Crisis storyline?
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm

I still have a "nerd-rection"...

Thought everyone played their parts brilliantly; even the lackluster Weather Wizard...felt they really didn't need that Arrow appearance after all, it has its own legs to stand on. I just hope they show more of the suit in continuing episodes and not the zoom-in-on-me-while-I-run-around-all-crazy-like camera shots.

Can't wait for more...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Yeah this could be my new top DC show. Arrow kind of let me down tonight but it could just be fan-rage.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Firestorm in the Flash/Victor Garber is Dr. Martin Stein

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:37 pm

So it looks like Victor Garber has been cast as Dr. Martin Stein, the other half of Firestorm along with Robbie Amell (Arrow's Stephen Amell's cousin) as Ronnie Raymond.

1victor_garber.jpg

Article here.

I'm curious as to what this will mean for Felicity Smoak's character or if it'll change anything at all. In the comics, she was Ed Raymond's wife and stepmother to Ronnie Raymond. This is cool, though. Firestorm will be joining the growing group of CW's DC TV universe supporting heroes including the Huntress, Harbinger, Roy Harper, Ray Palmer, Black Canary (I'm sure she'll be back, one way or another), Vibe and so on.

firestorm.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Flash CW TV Series - Talk Firestorm!!!

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:06 pm

That's excellent!! I really hope to see characters in their iconic outfits in future episodes though. Call me nit-picky but I'd love to see more traditional costumes in either heroes or villains, especially someone like Firestorm. Also, I second OneNineSix's questions earlier - I can't wait to find out what and who they decide Harrison Wells is in the show and what that ending meant.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Oh BTW, did anyone catch Linda Park reporting the news? Kind of weird given her relationship with Wally but I'm guessing this pretty much means Wally is never going to be in this universe which is fine by me but just interesting. Then again, CW does this sometimes like with Ray Palmer and Jean Loring and Ted Kord in Arrow.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Not while I saw The Flash, but whilst catching up on Arrow did I notice that. My background knowledge of Wally's personal life is pretty much nothing, but that is interesting. Course, after how many interesting choices they made in who has what past and who with in Arrow, I'm not too surprised.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies