Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wonder Twins Movie... Real or Fake??

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Wonder Twins Movie... Real or Fake??

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Midtown Comics tweeted the following:

wonder-twins-poster-2.jpg

Quoted from Midtown's Tweet: Photo: This poster was sent to us in an official Warner Bros tube. What does it mean?! #WonderTwins ? (at... http://tmblr.co/ZBl9jx_ObyVe

BZDpH-VCUAA9qVz.jpg

Quoted from Midtown's Tweet: Here's the Wonder Twins poster with the @WarnerBrosEnt poster tube it was sent to us in. Seems legit...

Original Article

It's Ashton Kutcher, so I say Midtown Comics got PUNK'd or this is a hoax. Thoughts? :smhuh:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wonder Twins Movie... Real or Fake??

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Well, if you had the unenviable task of selling a Wonder Twins movie, reuniting an on-screen pair that people like is probably the best way you're gonna go about it. If true, the poster makes it look like it's aimed towards a slightly younger crowd, which is also how you'd do it. IMDB isn't showing anything, though. Who knows, maybe this is just the studio messing around and trying to create some interest in a potential project, the same way studios used to announce new productions in trade papers with a cast attached who might not be involved in the end.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm calling fake.

For starters, the 2014 release date, for a film that would probably be heavy on the visual effects, just doesn't seem that phesible - most superhero films spend quite some time in post, so unless they're shooting for a Christmas release date, which is a possibility, I don't think it's doable in such a limited time frame. Secondly, with Kutcher's rampant presence in social media? I doubt that he'd let this sort of thing go unannounced. Plus, Kutcher's shooting a show for the next couple of months, which wouldn't free him up until early 2014 for shooting. It's still doable, I guess, but he'll have to go back to the show (which got renewed) in mid-summer. And while we're on scheduling, Kunis is still doing reshoots on Jupiter Ascending.

This is me explaining everything logically because I REALLY DO NOT WANT A WONDER TWINS FILM.

The far more likely option? One of WB's 2014 slate? The Entourage movie. I hate the show, but I remember they had an Aquaman movie in the Entourage universe, that was taken super-seriously and directed by James Cameron. This looks like it's in the same vein. Goofy characters turned into a serious action thriller. My guess is that it's viral marketing to go with that particular film. In which case, it's a pretty cool idea.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Avalon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Eh, even if it's real. Do I really want to see those two play them?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:14 am

Caleb wrote:I'm calling fake.

For starters, the 2014 release date, for a film that would probably be heavy on the visual effects, just doesn't seem that phesible - most superhero films spend quite some time in post, so unless they're shooting for a Christmas release date, which is a possibility, I don't think it's doable in such a limited time frame. Secondly, with Kutcher's rampant presence in social media? I doubt that he'd let this sort of thing go unannounced. Plus, Kutcher's shooting a show for the next couple of months, which wouldn't free him up until early 2014 for shooting. It's still doable, I guess, but he'll have to go back to the show (which got renewed) in mid-summer. And while we're on scheduling, Kunis is still doing reshoots on Jupiter Ascending.

This is me explaining everything logically because I REALLY DO NOT WANT A WONDER TWINS FILM.

The far more likely option? One of WB's 2014 slate? The Entourage movie. I hate the show, but I remember they had an Aquaman movie in the Entourage universe, that was taken super-seriously and directed by James Cameron. This looks like it's in the same vein. Goofy characters turned into a serious action thriller. My guess is that it's viral marketing to go with that particular film. In which case, it's a pretty cool idea.

And thankfully we have someone who actually follows everything Hollywood here.

I didn't know they were doing an Entourage movie, but I'm gonna second your theory. It's the most plausible thing I can imagine given the timeframe and the lack of surrounding information, not to mention it fits perfectly with what Entourage has done before. And viral marketing for a fake Wonder Twins movie perks up more ears through the plain weirdness of the concept than viral marketing for an Entourage movie.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:36 am

It is exceedingly unlikely any movie, much less an adaptation of a nostalgia-based entertainment property (which tend to be heavily scrutinized) would get to the point of having its lead actors confirmed without any public knowledge whatsoever. I feel confident in calling this bogus.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:14 am

I would also assume Warner Brothers would cast actors who were under thirty and not sleeping together (although that's less significant than the other point) to play Zan and Jayna.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Yeah, it'll be weird watching boyfriend and girlfriend playing brother and sister...who knew Kentucky was a universal element
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Caleb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Are they dating? Huh. I wasn't aware. I mean, it's not like there's a sex tape floating around of them to tarnish the WT's image. It's no weirder to me than Michael C. Hall and Jen Carpenter playing siblings on Dexter and dating during the course of the show. I doubt WB would allow them to turn it into an incest joke like the Stranz / Fairchild relationship in Blades of Glory (Arnett & Poehler were married when they played the characters). They learned from the Smigel Green Lantern script.

I'm sticking with my Entourage theory. Kunis wasn't a thing back when Entourage was in its heydey, and neither of them appeared on the show - so they'd both be new cameos to put in the movie. Plus Kunis worked with Entourage producer Mark Wahlberg on Ted, and there doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them. And the script has been done for awhile, so I assume they already know who's going to be on board for cameos, even if WB just gave 'em the greenlight. It's not like they had a hard time nabbing people to pop up on the show.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:24 pm

I could go for Kunis playing Jayna but Kutcher as Zan?... I think a little more is needed there. If it is real that is...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Next

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies