Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Postby Caleb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Ew, Zooey Deschanel.

Carano's not a great actress, but she does have the whole "super-toned" thing going for her, and she can definitely do her own stunts and fighting. Gado trained in the Israeli military (it's required over there) before trying her hand in acting, so I assume she's got at least some experience with the physicality that the role will - more than likely - require. I think Carano's got a lot more screen presence. Neither one of the ladies has really impressed me much as an actress...kind of why I was hoping for Hayley Atwell (or Jamie Alexander).

I really hope she bulks up for the part. She's easily the tiniest cast member in Fast Five and Six. I know that's comparing her to guys like Dwayne and Vin Diesel, but still...she even looks itty-bitty when they sit her next to Han (the Asian guy) and that's when she's wearing thigh-high boots.

Maybe they can do the Gandalf camera tricks to make her look bigger? Or we should just get used to Wonder Woman staring Superman in the chin.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm oddly ok with this choice, even though I've never seen her act before...as noted already if she beefs up for the role (which I'm certain she will) I'm also ok with her not being as tall as Supey or bats...isn't Affleck taller than cavill?

Not to mention the OL' Canucklehead being portrayed by a man twice his height?!? As long as she's believable in the role, I don't care if she's a midget...at least she's a relative unknown, where if she owns the role, all I'll see is Wondie; unlike Ben Wayne...

She should already be downing her 6th bowl of protein soup and do the Chris Bale/Batman Begins eating binge...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh yeah, on a side note, they also may has a Flash appearance of some sort in the JLA prequel...all I know is he better be the same guy as on Arrow and his own series; just to maintain a continuity
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 pm

I guess it could be Barry in Arrow, Wally in the movies but I dunno.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:57 am

It's funny when I was getting ready for work this morning there was a talk show on (Wendy Williams) I think, and she was talking about how bad of a choice Gal Gadot is to play Wonder Woman. She said that WW needs to have curves, and I 100% agree with her :wwlol:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Nothing about this chick (i mean woman) says wonder woman at all. She doesnt have a strong face, or any kind of presence, she is rail thin, and has no credentials (at least the way I look at it) to play one of the 5 most recognizable comic book characters in the world. Do they just cast people by picking names out of a hat? She mite be alrite, IDK. You cant really gauge someone when there only exposure is fast and furious films. Oh, but she's a model. (who in Hollywood isnt anymore?) I think Paul Giamatti is the only person that doesnt have actor/model next to their name. (JK) If only I could get a time machine and go back to 1998 to get Lucy Lawless to play this part, everything would be right with the world.

p.s Since shes older now, they should absolutely get Lucy Lawless to play Hippolyta.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Gal is cute, but she has what looks like a naturally lanky body (small frame/small boned) and I don't think even if she works her butt off for 6 months trying to pack on muscle, she'll look much bigger, but we'll see.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 am

They should just bring back Lynda Carter... I would pay to see her as WW again :wwsmile:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:25 am

That would be cool to have her come back as Hippolyta, but i dont know how old she is, the last thing i ever seen her in was super troopers.
wonderwoman.jpg

Ive changed my mind. Carter for Wonder Woman.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby wingnut1969 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:50 pm

I've never seen any of her F&F movies so I have no working knowledge of her so I can't say but I'm willing to go with it. You never know about people. She could be great as Wonder Woman.

To me all it really means is that there are two already cast for the eventual Wonder Woman movie: Gal as Wonder Woman and Lynda Carter as Hippolyte.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies