Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Postby Caleb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 pm

And here she is:

For those who don't like their movies Fast and Furious, that's Gal Gadot. Nothing about her screams Wonder Woman to me, but I guess she can do "tough chick" decently. Anyone absolutely love this choice? Hate it? Just wish they'd stop stuffing heroes into that third Spider-Ma...er, the Man of Steel sequel?

Personally, I've only seen Gal in the Fast and Furious films, and that Tom Cruise spy movie where she didn't have any lines (Knight and Day), so I can't really judge her acting ability. I kind of wish they'd gone with Hayley Atwell or Jamie Alexander, especially since Gadot doesn't really seem...Amazonian. I dunno. I guess she can always bulk up, but still.

Just don't call it a Justice League movie, you guys. Warner really wants us to believe this is a Man of Steel sequel.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Wonder Woman Has Been Cast.

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:02 pm

That has to be the worst choice to play Wonder Woman... she is a stick figure of a woman.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Heck if they are going to pick someone from the Fast and the Furious movies how about Gina Carano. A quick google search someone already did a mockup of her as WW.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm just not a fan of Gina Carano. I just didn't think she was a very good actress at all although it wouldn't have surprised me if they did choose her but it probably would've at the time at Henry Cavill's insistence since he was dating her at the time.

Although I was going to say, that Gadot girl better start packing on the muscle because she looks like she'd break in two if you sneezed in her direction.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Any really whoever they cast in any role, I just hope that they stick around because Katie Holmes will forever be in my bad books for turning down the Dark Knight for Mad Money. If you don't care about the property or what it means to a fan base that there's some degree of continuity that you can't even commit to a sequel, then don't take the role. That's how I feel about that.

I don't know how I feel about Ben Affleck yet but we'll see after the film. He might be great. However, he'd better stick around for a sequel. Same goes for this girl. I could see her thinking that this will put her into the limelight and then she can piss off after having a major supporting role as a character that everybody knows because she's famous and can pick and choose her roles from this point on and that would just sour it all for me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Never heard of her. She's got a little but of a Mediterranean look to get, but that's about it. She looks rather small, too.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Geez guys you know who it should have been. Zooey Deschanel from New Girl. Then she can pull out her banjo and randomly break out in song. But no, I feel you, AD. I thought that was a real rotten deal with Katie and TDK but most actors and actresses probably just look at it like it's a job and they're detached from it and she probably thought something like a comic book movie was beneath her. Just speculating. Not sure about this Gadot girl, either. She never really wowed me in anything and I might sound a little shallow but I don't think she has the right look for Wonder Woman. It isn't that she's not pretty but she doesn't look like Amazon royalty as what I would consider the best Wonder Woman comics portrayed.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Heck, I've seen the grueling training that they went through to do Man of Steel so if she's willing to do the same work to transform her body into a total powerhouse and her acting chops have improved since the Fast and the Furious 1, then whatever. It might be alright. Might even be good.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tango X » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:43 pm

I think Gina Carano's biggest mistake was doing Haywire which I didn't think was awful but it wasn't great, either. She got typecast into that role and then never did anything notable after that. I think a lot of people look at her and think "MMA girl who stars in female lead versions of Van Damme/Seagal flicks" and not "serous actress who can do her own stunts".
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Tango, if Wonder Woman did a triangle choke on Lex Luthor and made him "tap out", I would walk out of the theatre. The only one who should be throwing "the Superman punch" is Superman. I thought Haywire was okay, I know a lot of people hated it but I went in with the expectation that it was your typical action popcorn flick so I was somewhat satisfied.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies