Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Multiverse

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

Re: DC Multiverse

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 pm

You're drunk again Rexy. Hate that show lol

I will pick up the Keaton Batman. Then wait and see if it goes beyond Batman. I don't need another Batman line. There is more to life than Batman Mattel.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Strathaar wrote:There is more to life than Batman Mattel.

This statement proves that the rest of your comment is just nonsense. Batman is all. You will realize it one day, young one.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Strathaar » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Haha, you're huffin on your muffler again :p
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Anarky » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:47 am

Strathaar wrote:You're drunk again Rexy. Hate that show lol

I will pick up the Keaton Batman. Then wait and see if it goes beyond Batman. I don't need another Batman line. There is more to life than Batman Mattel.

Sales say otherwise. As it is, I suspect toy sales are a big part of why mos2 has batman as a costar rather than someone who shows up after credits
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 pm

For years, customers/fans begged Mattel for Movie Masters based on Superman I and II and Batman and Batman Returns. Mattel has finally answered, but in the wrong ****ing scale:
http://news.toyark.com/2013/10/10/nycc- ... sic-104542 :smheat:

I'm torn, I want Keaton Bats, Pfeiffer Catwoman, Reeve Supes, and Stamp Zod very badly, but their small size really pisses me off.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 pm

What the fudge... and they look amazing. Agh... Nope, going to be financially responsible and not get into another scale now. :mksad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:23 pm

I may have to just buy Zod and then not display him or something, SINCE I HAVE NO OTHER FIGURES THAT ARE THAT SMALL!
Just so I have him.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:41 pm

It seems like such a bad business strategy by Mattel. I suppose some kids'll recognize these, and I assume they might be cheaper to produce (I can't imagine by much), but there are so many collectors who will balk at these because they won't display well with the Man of Steel and Dark Knight figures. Even collectors who have tons of 3 3/4" scale figures and didn't collect the previous Movie Masters figures and would otherwise want these could easily pass because they're larger than what they're used to. These are 4" figures, right? It's like a brand new scale :smhuh:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Man, as much as I hate the Movie Masters scale, I would've bought two Reeves and two Stamps. People have been asking for these for years in the six-inch scale. Making them four inch just feels like salt in an open wound. Not even remotely interested in these now. Mattel: two steps forward, six miles back.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah, I still have my entire set of Infinite Heroes and not only are a lot of them weird looking, they're not going to scale properly with these at all. I might cave in, get a couple, but geez. What would I even do with them? :smummm:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe 3.75" Scale Lines from Mattel