Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Aquaman, Ice, Superboy, Damian, and CS Doomsday...

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Aquaman, Ice, Superboy, Damian, and CS Doomsday...

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm glad these aren't too much more. Will definitely get Ice, Connor and probably Damian. Wouldn't have been upset to get Aquaman in the sub, but now I can skip him. Easy pass on that Doomsday. Was never the one I wanted, so I'll skip it and hope he sells well enough to warrant making the other version down the line.

I bet TG is glad this is announced so ShazamMan and a few others will stop pelting him with the same questions over and over again, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm actually tempted to get two Doomsdays. I could use the second one to make an Unleashed one just case they never make one. And if they do I can find a new purpose for him. Also I wish they would sell those new arms and legs with the added thigh cut articulation on their own, and I would stock up on them :mrgreen:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Havok1891 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Webslinger wrote:Chances are we'll see the Unleashed Doomsday as a con exclusive or holiday item down the road... most likely for either for X-mas 2014 or SDCC 2015...

Agreed, I also think Doomsday will be a 2015 SDCC figure, or something. It makes sense to me that the suit wearing version would get made first. And he will do well enough to make the unleashed one feasible.

I wouldn't count Batman Beyond out yet. I could see Aquaman-Damian Wayne doing well enough to warrant seeing Batman Beyond and some others in 2015. Maybe it would only 4 figures, but I could see it happening.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Well, there's more tooling for the Unleashed Doomsday, definitely. But the key here is that it was never actually tooled. That was just a sculpted prototype. It's much cheaper for them to make Containment Suit Doomsday, because they actually have a decent percentage of it already tooled from previous oversized figures.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:Well, there's more tooling for the Unleashed Doomsday, definitely. But the key here is that it was never actually tooled. That was just a sculpted prototype. It's much cheaper for them to make Containment Suit Doomsday, because they actually have a decent percentage of it already tooled from previous oversized figures.

There is pretty much exactly the same amount of tooling involved on both CS Doomsday & Unleashed Doomsday. Both have new forearms, new waist, upper legs with added thigh cuts, new lower legs, and new heads. The tooling for the restraints and cables would require just as much tooling as the bone parts. Unleashed definitely has new hands, and CS may have new ones as well but they could be Brimstones.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:31 am

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 am

I almost don't know how I feel anymore....first the line dies (to the perceived delight of Mattel), then they dangle a carrot that we should be able to get at least the 4 shown; then they take away the carrot and now they finally tell us that the last 4 and CS D-Day will be made...emotions are all over the place!

Kinda feels like a loved one died then became a zombie; giving me hope but realizing this line will die again...

That being said, I think I will go for them all...did I mention I'm all over the place?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Havok1891 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:43 am

Yeah, I think they always knew they would get us the last 3, but they didn't want to say so before making it official. And maybe they figured they could get Robin made too but esp. didn't want to speak too soon on that.

I feel ok. Not thrilled, but at least we are getting the bear minimum of what I'd hoped for.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 pm

I'll try to get Ice the day she goes on sale and if I miss out, my MIB Fire goes straight to ebay.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Dang they really messed up her head sculpt. It's like they are really trying to make us not buy these figures. I'll end up swapping out the head eventually. Anyone have any suggestion at a replacement face?
Ice-01.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel