Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Aquaman, Ice, Superboy, Damian, and CS Doomsday...

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Aquaman, Ice, Superboy, Damian, and CS Doomsday...

Postby Avalon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Yewww... what the heck happened. I don't know. ML Moonstone has quite a pretty face and if you paint the mask, most people may not even know where you got the head from. :halgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Of the three so far Hookquaman is the only one that looks good. Ice and Connor have terrible heads.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 pm

And I really wish they didn't sculpt Aquaman's hair to look like it's flowing underwater.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby amos brearly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:04 pm

aquaman, ice and superboy showed up from ebay today. man i would love to see the source material used for superboy, he was definitely sculpted by the infamous 5th horseman.

1st month without a sub, told myself i wouldn't but ended up scouring ebay for my fix......what do i do in feb?
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 pm

amos brearly wrote:aquaman, ice and superboy showed up from ebay today. man i would love to see the source material used for superboy, he was definitely sculpted by the infamous 5th horseman.

1st month without a sub, told myself i wouldn't but ended up scouring ebay for my fix......what do i do in feb?

That's kind of discriminatory and bordeline sexist considering the 5th Horsemen is a female.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 pm

That is what a lot of the Ice figure's from China hair looks like :lol:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Wasn't it the guy who left 4 Horsemen the guy who made Connor Kent? I recall seeing it on his website.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby amos brearly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 pm

just had a few minutes to play around with these 3 and i have to say that superboy is much better in hand, he's no hook aquaman who is an absolutely phenomenal sculpt, but he is just about passable. ice is just awful, im really glad i picked these up from the rummage bin that is the overseas seller, overall the quality c. is good on all 3 figures.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby loolar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Sigh. Ice was the one I was really looking forward to; Aquaman after her. Could not care less about Connor or Damien, although good sculpts could have won me over.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Do any of the four figures come with any accessories? I don't remember any of them being shown with any weapons, except Ice's frozen effect that clips on her hand. I bought hook Aquaman, loose, on Ebay. I'm wondering if Mattel planned on giving him a trident when he's officially released.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel