Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Aquaman, Ice, Superboy, Damian, and CS Doomsday...

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Aquaman, Ice, Superboy, Damian, and CS Doomsday...

Postby amos brearly » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:30 pm

i would say no. i wondered too, but the finished figure doesn't have an open hand to hold it.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:14 am

Why would Hookquaman come with a trident? It's on his hand. Connor should've come with Krypto. Damian with at least a staff. But Mattel did enough by making these figures for us, so why should we expect more. Clearly if you read the latest Matty MotU ra-ra letter you can tell Matty is much more happy to trumpet the additions to the MotU sub while standing upon the corspe of DCIE.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby amos brearly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 pm

out of all the dcuc aquamen i own, i don't display a single trident. they take up too much room and i don't remember aquaman carrying one outside of atlantis anyways.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 pm

He only carries it when he's involved in a vicious cockfight and needs to keep his head on a swivel.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:17 pm

"Heh, heh, you said "****" heh heh"

Even though it's rather large, I like him having his trident, it makes for some cool poses and makes him more "kingly" too
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby rcs » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 am

I'm just happy we are getting a few more dcuc figures. I'll take what I can get. I'm hoping they squeeze out a few more for the batman vs superman movie. Sort of how hasbro is mixing comic with movie figures.
rcs
Civilian
Civilian

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 am

I wouldn't hope for much. If Mattel hasn't figured out that mixing in comic accurate characters into movie lines is a viable option yet, they probably never will. So many missteps...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:42 pm

I hate to say it but I got Superboy off of eBay. I don't normally do this but I got worried that Mattel will pull these altogether or I won't be able to get them Day of Sale. I still want the packaging that he comes in, so I'm still going to buy him on DOS but this is just in case I don't get the chance.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Caved in and got Superboy. His head looks much much MUCH better in person than it did in the photos. It's like they used a fish eyed lens to bulge out his jaw in those photos. Like Amethyst, still going to buy DOS for the box.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby loolar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:11 am

Still planning on Aquaman and Ice... I really doubt I'll get Conner or Damien. Just don't care about the characters, and the execution looks downright contemptible.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel