Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

BATMAN UNLIMITED: Beware the Batman

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

BATMAN UNLIMITED: Beware the Batman

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:10 am

Finally saw this figure in the wild, at Toys R Us in Appleton...worst figure I've ever seen in my life; just frakking unbearable to look at and I think my hands were beginning to smoke.

Couldn't even buy it to customize...almost bought it to burn though
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: BATMAN UNLIMITED: Beware the Batman

Postby Havok1891 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Yeah, I saw this thing yesterday. Really ugly. Really hate it since I view it as "took Damian's" spot. To really add to my pain was the irony that the more kid friendly cartoony Batman figures had the Damian hood style Robin on display right next to the Unlimited figures. GRRRRR.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, he was an easy pass for me. I'd rather spend my money on other figures, and this guy - much as I dig the fact that he's 100% tooled and could've easily been used to make a Shadow Thief figure - just ain't my cup of tea. I saw at least four of them hanging on the pegs at TRU, along with a multitude of Injustice figures. Seriously, not sure why they thought this guy going into a $16 toy line was a good idea - any child who asks his mother for this is probably going to get a big, fat "NO!" once mom sees the price-tag.

Really, I know, financially unphesible, but BTB should've had it's own line of figures.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby amos brearly » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:37 am

see i might bite if it looked line they were putting a line together. as a stand alone batman he's pretty bad.

and i agree with caleb 100%, this figure is a $10 power attack figure. something to appeal to the moms of kids that watch the show as well.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Crazy Jetty » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:07 pm

It isn't the fact that he represents the substandard Beware the Batman character/art/whatever... what I can't stand is the fact that he's as substandard a figure as it gets.. He's not even a fraction as good as a bad DCUC. (And there are no bad DCUCs. Just bad character choices). And Im not one to nomrally cry out "IT SUX CAUSE IT HAS NO ARTICULATION!" like a lot of MU collectors on another site I won't name do... but dude. it sucks because it really doesn't have hardly any articulation.
Had they just tooled new parts for a DCUC body, he'd have been waaaay more improved!
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, I finally saw this figure in the wild at TRU and I've gotta say... what's the deal with the lack of articulation? I noticed he doesn't have a bicep cut. I wonder what else I have to look forward to when he gets here from BBTS. In the case of this toy, I really don't think you get what you pay for because it is genuinely less value than the rest of the Batman Unlimited line. :batlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Anarky » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 am

It's a lot nicer once you open and play with him. That said, I'm sure it was set to be part of its own line at some point before toyfair. And a 4" version is due out this spring.
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:41 am

I’ll give it a fair shake first. I’ll be getting it pretty soon so hopefully it’s cooler out of the package. :akgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am

Well broke down and ordered a Beware the Batman figure from Amazon just to finish out the Unlimited line, but damn talk about horrible quality control... he had large hole/molding defect on the top of his head and large molding defect/scars on ever limb.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Need...bat-band-aids!

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel