Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Batzarro

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Batzarro

Postby Havok1891 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:49 am

It's too bad people can't be more upfront about the situation. Like you could have the "shot callers" in a room and be like "Look idiots, you pulled a fast one and tried to sneak Batzarro into the sub. when you knew I wouldn't want to pay these prices for him, but the joke is on you because I got the figures I actually wanted and I cut things off so I didn't get the dud.

If they were going to give us Batzarro, they really should have been more clever about it and released him around June or something with something highly demanded known to be coming down the road.

So stupid. Course, I wonder if they actually thought Batzarro would be a hit thanks to Batman fanatics.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:03 am

I opened mine. Surprisingly he's not as horrible as I thought he'd be; newly sculpted cape, belt, gauntlets (I think) and head.

I plan on adding the stitching around the seams and upside-down bat logo like on the package to further separate him from the rest.

Kinda glad the sub is over, though I will be missing the feeling of something arriving on a monthly basis for me.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, but when we can get new MLs for $15 at the store, and boatloads of DCUC on ebay for $10 or so(many of which were sub figures weeks before they were released), paying $30+ for figures many of us could make better customs of doesn't seem like a winning formula to me, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Pfft. Straight to the back of the shelf with you, Batzarro.

Okay, in fairness, he looks about as cool as he can, considering that he's Batzarro and therefore sucks. I wish they would've just released a new Batman with the cape 'Zarro uses - it's new, right? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Ultimately, I just can't get excited about this guy. I've still got Ice to look forward to as the swan song of the line, plus whatever Doomsday they decide to release (if they decide to, I should say). But Batzarro is a weak ending to a stellar year. I enjoyed Ra's much better, and he really can't hold a candle to all the awesome that is Orm. Eh. Maybe I'd like him better if I didn't know the end of the line was coming. I've been pretty forgiving with the figures I didn't want in the past (Red Hood). But knowing that a boring, goofy character like this - great sculpting regardless - made the cut as opposed to, say, Vixen or Mera...

Yup, I banish you to the back row, Batzarro.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Havok1891 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Caleb, I agree with you about being forgiven. Batzarro wouldn't even bother me if 2014 had gone through. I can't imagine how much angrier I'd have been if the line died last year and we only got Saint Walker, Phantom Stranger, and Elongated Man.

Jeez that bugs me, that right there shows how 2014's unknown figures generally would have been cooler than what we did see. I know that Phantom Stranger & Saint Walker were def. among the least wanted figures of 2013 for me. I mean, sure I technically needed Phantom Stranger . . . but I wasn't thrilled about him. Def. liked getting Fire, Huntress, Ocean Master, Ra's, Marvel Jr, and even repaint Flash, and Larfleeze over those two. Aside from Batzarro, it just kept getting better. Oh and Red Hood has def. grown on me. Sure, I wanted the biker version, but this Morrison one is cool looking too.

I really didn't like buying Constantine and Uncle Sam, but I was able to forgive it due to their "value in DC" and because the line was still moving. If they were the last figures we got and the line ended back in 2012, oooooh the anger.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Got my Batzarro today. I probably would have been fine with the choice if he was at retail (although I'd still be annoyed were weren't getting Zebra Batman, the Rainbow Batman, Dick Grayson Batman, or pretty much any other Batman in his place).

Not worth the sub price tag, but a good figure for what he is. DCDirect's version still wins due to the chains, though.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:13 pm

He's not bad. I mean I like the figure and all, but as a final figure choice, just seems blah to me. Also, yeah, the lack of chains feels like they cheaped out.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Havok1891 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Rex Mason wrote:Got my Batzarro today. I probably would have been fine with the choice if he was at retail (although I'd still be annoyed were weren't getting Zebra Batman, the Rainbow Batman, Dick Grayson Batman, or pretty much any other Batman in his place).

Not worth the sub price tag, but a good figure for what he is. DCDirect's version still wins due to the chains, though.

What exactly is "Zebra Batman" and why is he so cool?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Haha, Zebra Bats is a very obscure reference to a comic where he faced Zebra-Man, an old school villain although I'm pretty sure they made a new version of him later on, but it's the old one that I'm familiar with. When Bats squared off against Zebra-Man, he wore his own Zebra alt-bat costume. I don't know if he ever wore it outside of that except on the Brave and the Bold animated series. It's just one of those things. The funny thing is, he's still more relevant than Sinestro Corps Batman who never appeared anywhere except in a video game as an alt costume.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:46 am

I got mine a little while ago. I don't mind him. He looks alright. Not my favourite choice but whatever. It's here. :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel