Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Fire

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Club Infinite Earths Fire

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:32 pm

I love my Fire figure but is her ab crunch supposed to be stuck in place? Anyone else have this issue? I guess the better question would be does anyone NOT have this issue so that I know it's not supposed to be this way and possibly fix it? Heh. :smhuh:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Fire

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:02 pm

My Fire does something similar...very little ab movement but I think that's the sad state of affairs that we ended up with...otherwise it's a good sculpt overall
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Havok1891 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Haven't messed with her, but I am guessing it's like my Donna Troy figure (which I broke while trying to force the ab crunch a while back). Not doing that again.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:46 pm

That's my big fear. That I'm going to break her. I'm veeery carefully budging her but it isn't doing anything. I have a TRU Exclusive Gold/Dark Red Barry Allen Flash whose waist won't spin. I used TONS of force to try to force it to move but it won't budge. I kid you not, I took some dental floss and started flossing it and it wouldn't actually floss all the way down to the waist peg so I'm positive that it's fused together with paint. :smsad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Havok1891 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Got ya. My TRU Flash's waist has no issues (had to check after you said that).

I checked Huntress. The ab crunch, technically speaking . . . does move. But its a complete joke. That crunch is all superficial, no true utility. The cape adds to the difficulty in trying anything. Oh well, makes the females look more like they are part of the collection. I do think the more recent ab style used for Poison Ivy & Star Sapphire may have offered more posing options. But even if it did, not many.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Honestly, the only figures that ever broke on me were first Harley Quinn from the Mad Love two pack (her hand twisted right off the wrist but thankfully the shaft of the wrist peg was still attached to the hand so I just plug it into the wrist socket now and it seems pretty snug) and secondly New 52 Wonder Woman whose deltoid was fused to her forearm. I tried to twist it free and all that did was rip the peg right off. I tried to dig the peg out of her bicep socket but it was stuck in there really good like it was glued in. I ended up using a Dremel tool drill out the piece and pry out the remaining bits with the screwdriver. It was an ordeal... :batsad:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 am

Apparently I've been completely blessed. I've as of yet to have one of the DCUC figures break. Closest is the bendy legs on Starfire.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:35 am

That's not faulty Mattel work, her legs are (apparently) supposed to do that being from Tamaran; low bone density! :wwlol:
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm

My modern variant Cheetah had the left leg break off at the thigh swivel. Other than that, I've been pretty much okay; granted, I haven't opened every single figure, but I estimate my collection is about 3/4 loose.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm keeping my Fire figure in the package until I either get an Ice figure or determine that I'll never be able to get a matching an Ice figure. They are a package deal to me, I don't really want one without the other. I can't say anything about my Fire figure, but my Huntress has a fused waist swivel and her ab crunch is useless. I have a lot of figures that won't swivel at the waist and/or can't use the ab crunch. I've had more trouble with female characters than with the dudes. It is agravating considering the amount of money we spend on these figures and you can't even pose some of them. Must be really bad for guys who are into ACBA.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel