Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Hook Aquaman Teased

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Club Infinite Earths Hook Aquaman Teased

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:24 pm

In the background of Scott's latest MOTUC video, you can clearly see Hookhanded Aquaman in the background. All I can think about is... YAY! I'm gonna get Ice and Superboy! :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Hook Aquaman Teased

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:49 pm

I really hope that they do end up releasing them.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Yay, as long as they're not too much more than what they were. Anything above $30 before shipping and I'm only getting Ice. It would've been nice for them to sell them as a set to save on the crazy shipping. I'll probably pass on Aquaman as that look isn't really anything I consider a must own. Might pass on Damian too if the price gets high.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Even if they release Superboy, I still have to put a new head on him. :batwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:37 pm

I hope this means I get my Ice and Superboy in 2014!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:29 pm

I never liked the extreme, shirtless, hook-hand Aquaman from the 90's and I don't have any attachment to the Conner Superboy with the T-shirt and jeans look, but I would buy an Ice figure to go along with Fire. In fact, I'm keeping Fire MOC so I can sell her on evilbay just in case Ice doesn't get made or I don't wind up getting her for some reason.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 pm

ToyGuru says Hook Hand is probably more likely a Con Exclusive, so I guess I won't hold my breath for Superboy and Ice at this point but I didn't expect them anyway, so I guess it's fine. Too bad, though.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:36 pm

While I wouldn't put it past Mattel to essentially stab long time collectors of the line in the back by releasing Aquaman but not Ice or anyone else, I don't put a lot of trust into anything Neitlich says unless it's an "official announcement." Considering he's supposed to make one at NYCC, it seems very unlikely that he would just reveal their plan early on Ask Matty, even as a hypothetical. With all that in mind, I think it's equally likely that we could only see Aquaman, only Ice, only Superboy, only Doomsday, only Damien, all the figures, four figures, three figures, two figures, or no figures from CIE 2014.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby loolar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:28 pm

I never cared for that look for Aquaman - I pretty much stopped reading comics in the early 90's - but it was JLU that made that incarnation a must-have for me. I want to re-create the episode where Doctor Fate and Aquaman use Solomon Grundy to stop Cthulu, er, Icthulu (not copyright infringement at all!) from entering our dimension. Of course that means getting a Shayera in the tracksuit custom. Dagnabbit.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Haha, loolar, the JLU animated series basically single-handedly rekindled my interest in the DC universe. That Icthulu episode was one of my favourites (being a big H.P. Lovecraft fan both of his books and the many boardgames and source material that spawned long after he left this world). I swear, I damn near shed a tear for Grundy at the end of that episode. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel