Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Ocean Master

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Ocean Master

Postby Havok1891 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:45 am

Anarky wrote:I think he's the figure I'm looking most forward to in this sub now

He def. has the most fun going on. Batzarro is lame. Ra's is a cool character but isn't very flashy. So yeah, right now Ocean Master is the best of what's guaranteed.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Ocean Master

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:03 am

Havok1891 wrote:
Anarky wrote:I think he's the figure I'm looking most forward to in this sub now

He def. has the most fun going on. Batzarro is lame. Ra's is a cool character but isn't very flashy. So yeah, right now Ocean Master is the best of what's guaranteed.

Same here. Ra's turned out to be so lackluster in the end that Ocean Master is the one Im looking forward to most now.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Ocean Master Review

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Just got Orin today and this is the figure i was excited to see by far and I must say I'm not disappointed.

He comes in the 2 typical DCIE boxes with good artwork on the inner box and good background info too. The main difference I see between the figure and the artwork is besides the glowing red eyes on the art, a much better belt on the figure than art and the figure is missing the leg fins like he has in the artwork (those would've been killer!)...other than that he looks great!

The newly sculpted bits are:
- gauntlets (love these!)
- head
- cape and connector clasps
- belt
- trident (could've benefitted from some additional sculpting details, but overall a good, new accessory)

The rest of him is the basic 'B' sized buck...

The paint apps are solid throughout my figure, though a little heavy (again) on the hands...looks like he's wearing lots of latex gloves at the same time. I do like the muted colors on him and I think it works well with the figure, as well as under the sea.

The logo on his chest is centered and has a solid paint job.

The joint articulation is a little loose as compared to the rest I've received and thankfully he doesn't fall over with that ginormous cape...must be a pain to swim with that thing in the ocean depths.

For those of you that have purchased 2, this is a great start to making him up to resemble the New 52 Orin...

Overall, he's a great figure to look at and I'm happy to add him to my collection.

Stay Minty-Fresh everybody!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Ocean Master Review

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks for the review, Savant! I can't wait to get mine! I think he looks fantastic. :aqgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Oops! Just realized I called him Orin and not Orm...oh well, thankfully I don't live too close to water!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Acid, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Acid, have you figured out where you're going to put him?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:49 pm

I also really like that the cape is asymmetrical....nice touch
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm probably going to either put him on my shelf with the Black Lanterns, White Lanterns, Blue Lanterns, Star Sapphires, Orange Lanterns, Indigo Tribe Atom, Nightshadow Batman, Metal Men and Joseph Curry Aquaman (next to him) or my generic villains shelf where I put the black costume Black Manta. I have the blue rubber suit Black Manta that came in the two pack on my Legion of Doom shelf. So it's going to be Generic Villains or opposite Joe Curry. You? :aqgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:30 pm

I placed him close to front and center of the baddies vs the goodies in the central battle face-off scene...that cape takes up a lot of space!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel