Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Ocean Master

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Ocean Master Review

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Just got mine recently, pretty cool figure. A big plus of the classic characters/designs is that they don't all require a ton of specific new tooling to convey the costume. Softer cape is also nice, but mine had some bummer paint slop on the head which has slightly cooled what would've been a pretty solid buzz for this cool figure.
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Finally got him in today. There is a black spot on his chin, which i was bummed about. In fact, I havent been happy with the paint jobs on ALOT of the figures this year. IDK, I was very excited for him, and It just is an OK for me. There is way worse, but way better. I dont want to sound like a sourpuss, but I guess Ill be the bad guy. (HEY, YO!!!)
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 pm

FINALLY got him today.

Okay, I've gotta say, this guy is probably my favorite in the whole sub - yes, that's including Huntress, who I was absolutely nuts about. I love the head sculpt on OM, and the cape is crazy. Really, I know he's got a ton of reuse, but he's a pretty darn cool looking figure.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:57 pm

He must be setting a record for largest cape collar...ever!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Avalon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Haha, all the comments on his cape are right! What a great looking figure, too. I'd say he ranks up there with my all time favorite figures from CIE now that I have him in hand. :hhgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Ocean Master

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:14 pm

Finally got mine from the post office. Oh, it's a slick figure alright. I really like it and I don't mind that the fins are missing from his calves as I don't think he ever had this in the comics, anyway. I think it might've just been something the artist added. He's going right up with my Black Manta on my general villains shelf.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Ocean Master

Postby loolar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Late in reporting this - the PO smashed the box. I have 3 subs (one goes to a buddy), and all three were smashed as a result. I'm an opener, so I don't mind so much; my buddy will open too; however, the extra was intended to be sold at some point in the future (I bought an extra sub to try to extend the line), so that sucks.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel