Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

If you could have gotten Mattel to listen to you . . .

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: If you could have gotten Mattel to listen to you . . .

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Oh the Beast boy/changeling variant. That woulda been so easy to do.
And Terra and jericho not being made is a sad fact. :(
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Yeah, Terra and Geo-Force both seemed like easy re-use figures so it's quite strange they were never made. Jericho I could see because he's lots of new parts and kind of fell into obscurity after his dad iced him in a mercy killing but I sure would have loved to have gotten a figure of him regardless.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Havok1891 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:20 pm

But hey, we really needed Golden Pharaoh . . . so it's understandable that they didn't happen. Yeah right.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:11 am

AcidDragon wrote:Yeah, Terra and Geo-Force both seemed like easy re-use figures so it's quite strange they were never made. Jericho I could see because he's lots of new parts and kind of fell into obscurity after his dad iced him in a mercy killing but I sure would have loved to have gotten a figure of him regardless.

You really think Jericho needed alot of new parts? I always thought they could of used the mister miracle set up, just with a new head and a different cape.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:Yeah, Terra and Geo-Force both seemed like easy re-use figures so it's quite strange they were never made. Jericho I could see because he's lots of new parts and kind of fell into obscurity after his dad iced him in a mercy killing but I sure would have loved to have gotten a figure of him regardless.

You really think Jericho needed alot of new parts? I always thought they could of used the mister miracle set up, just with a new head and a different cape.

Definitely, man. For sure he'd need new skirting, new forearms, probably new ankles, new vest, new cape, new head.

Jericho_002.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:25 am

I would just think they would have stuff like that already, with all the figures they put together over the years. I mean, Im not a toy maker though, Im a toy buyer, so who knows. Sometimes, I feel the whole new mold is kinda a cop out. but, I agree with your points. He is a little more complicated than the average figure.

You also forgot to mention the new scale on that mullet too. The "Sid Viscious" as I like to call it.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 am

Haha. Not quite Sid, more like Kerry Von Erich/Texas Tornado. :batwink:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:31 am

I always wondered if it was cheaper to tool gauntlets and bracers and things like that and then slip them over top of the arms or tooling the entire arm. I guess if I could have gotten Mattel to listen to me, one of the things would be to see if we could find ways to cut costs and see if by tooling a mold that was just "bits and pieces", we could save on tooling costs. Scott said that a single tooled mold was the same cost as a luxury car.

On a side note, I'm just 11 posts away from Hero rank! Yay! :smwink:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 am

to Avalon: So my Ghu figure is like a mercedes????

To Dragon: I guess its more like Kerry, but with the cherub-like curls and color of Sid.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:To Dragon: I guess its more like Kerry, but with the cherub-like curls and color of Sid.

If it was a bit like M.U.S.C.L.E/Kinnikuman, they could fuse together to create "Texas Psycho" who uses the Iron Claw into a Powerbomb finisher bombdiggity!!! :smlol:

Avalon, totally. I wonder what the tooling practices are and what the theory behind it is actually like.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel