Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Movie Masters

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Movie Masters

Postby beastovjudgement » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I didn't see a thread for Movie Masters. I decided to start one, solely to give the following heads up: Target has the Superman Movie Masters on clearance at $4.78. I don't know the full lineup of the series, but they had quite a few different characters. The only one definitely not present was, strangely, normal Superman. I don't collect the line, and so did not pick up any; I figured I would get the word out to any interested parties here.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Movie Masters

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Nice! Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to check it out. I've been meaning to pick up no armor Zod, Faora and black suit Supes. At that price, no excuse for me not to.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Arg, I impulsively bought these already just a couple of weeks ago. I knew I should've waited. Oh well, I'm still happy with what I got.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks for the info, im hitting Appleton tomorrow so ill check there too

My target hasn't carried the MoS MM for months now...I've never seen armored Zod in the wild and finally stumbled upon Faora a few weeks ago...plus I've already bought the rest, save Zod of course

Sculpts are good overall, some details are missing but I do enjoy the line quite a bit
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby loolar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:15 pm

The sculpts on these are quite impressive; the paint is largely up to the task; however, I just don't care about these. Part of it was my lukewarm reaction to the movie, part of it is the doggone inane decision to make MM figures smaller than DCUC, a decision I will never, ever, ever understand. I bought the first wave and returned them a month later. $50 some dollars that can go towards toys that are not compromises.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Skullmaster » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:18 pm

I do own a regular costume Supes and armored Zod right now and plan to get a few more but I agree that it was a weird choice to make them smaller. They don't display well with DCUC in my opinion because a Zod that can't stand eye to eye with Superman and the rest looks less threatening to me.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 pm

I agree with the whole height thing, but at least they were consistent with The Batman MM...still don't like the fact they made them smaller than the line that spawned them.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel