Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 am

1 bat logo.jpg

I like the '66 Batman line...the figures are of good sculpting quality (even though they're not exact) but he overall quality is there.

I have: the Batman & Robin 2-pack (which currently is the only way to get Robin), Penguin, Riddler and the Batmobile.

I do have one gripe with it is the Batmobile itself....I love it, it's near perfect size at the 1:12 scale and there are some nice details that make it stand out.

I just wish that for $50, it would've had opening doors, a few extra Bat-labels and a little heavier; doesn't 'feel' like you'd think a $50 toy would.

I just heard that Yvonne Craig just signed on so they can make her Batgirl figure and that's awesome...also hope they can continue and get to some more of the villains and more accessories (like the Bat-riot shield) to help fill out the line.

Anyone else like to share?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:14 am

I've been weighing in on whether to pick them up myself. I loved the old show and I'm glad they at least did the core four bat villains. The Batmobile was what I was really interested in, though. Doubt I could cram DCUC Batman and Robin in there though but it'd make a nice dio piece if nothing else.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Havok1891 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:32 am

I am gonna pass on 1966 Batman for as long as I can. If I see any of them drop to under $10 on clearance, that's another story. Also, depending on how Catwoman looks (assuming I see her) that could also change things.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:10 am

I have the two-pack, Riddler and Joker. Just haven't opened them yet as we're still remodeling downstairs. Also have Catwoman on pre-order from amazon. It'd really suck if we never saw a Batgirl made for this line, but I have zero faith in Mattel to make her despite their apparent love of making Batgirl figures. But Batwoman? No, can't go there.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 am

I was never hugely into the TV show, and so passed on this line. I will absolutely get that excellent Catwoman, though.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 am

Growing up, the show aired in reruns. I honestly didn't totally get into it at first until they did those brilliant Tiny Toons Bat Duck segments. For whatever reason, that made me watch '60s Batman. Likewise I think it's neat they did all those '60s references in the Brave and the Bold.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 am

It was a bit too 60's for me watching reruns as a kid, but it was Batman, and it was on TV. And somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb. I wish they'd get a boxset of the complete series out someday, but at least some reruns are on Saturday nights around here.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 pm

As many, I grew up with this show in syndication, and I have oodles of fond memories of it too.

I remember thinking that someday I was going to be Batman when I grew up and all I'd need is a costume...so I decided early on that I would find the show costume and steal it! See it wasn't "bad" stealing as I'd be using it to fight crime....but then I got a little older and saw Robocop for the first time and that ended my thoughts of crime fighting...

But I did and still do love that old silly show and my girls do too.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:12 pm

:adambomb:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 pm

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel