Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Postby amos brearly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 pm

i understand the super powers kalibak thing.

but wouldn't a giganta CnC been kinder to collectors? since so many had problems completing her?
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Considering they're expecting people to be happy about paying $30 for an accessory figure and a 'inside joke' of a bootleg character to complete a repainted Kalibak that isn't even remotely accurate, I'd say they don't really care about being kinder to collectors but rather how to milk as much money out of people in the cheapest way possible.

For two years we asked them to put CnCs in the Subscription to cut down on the appeal of buying from Chinebayers, and now that the sub is dead its suddenly a great idea. Really, I'm glad this is over. It's just nauseating to think about how many ways they bungled this line. If the Chinebayers get some of these they can have my money. I'm jot giving it to Matty.

As long as Scott gets his He-Man figures FTW!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby amos brearly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:46 pm

agreed 100%. if the china sellers get these i will be all over them.

minus the GL in-joke. i really do not see the need?

it doesn't sound like it was funny back then with super powers and it sure isn't funny at $40+ shipped from matty.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:12 pm

It's funny for Scott...

"We are excited for it too and clearly this fig is an in joke for super fans. If you don't get it, do your homework! :-P "

A joke is one thing, asking people to pay $30+ for an obscure 'joke' is entirely another thing. And his attitude towards it irks me even more. If I gave a rat's *** about that piss poor Kalibak I'd be pretty miffed to have to buy that. But apparently some folks like it. I don't get it. I'd be pretty upset if they put that thing out at retail, let alone at Matty prices. He can cram him up there with Batzarro.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Mattel. the joke is they are STILL celebrating super powers. Im glad they just make figures for their group of friends. "YUK yuk yuk!! a riddler lantern!!!" You are rite, It is a joke. But not really a "HA HA" one. More of a sad pathetic kinda way.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:19 pm

I for one am going to buy them, I love the Super Powers line from the 80's and really love the packaging they come in, some people are way to overly picky, they fail to see what we are getting, the long awaited Myxy that everyone has been bitching for forever and the Kalibak in SP colors... nobody is ever happy and that's really sad.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Speaking for myself, I dont want any of that. Im glad you are excited, but what exactly do you mean by "we are getting"? What exactly am I missing that I should appreciate? no disrespect, but I dont think people saying this is lackluster is a outlandish way of thinking.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Dude, it's a privilege to give Mattel as much money as they think they can squeeze out of a person for simple repaints that are the LAST HURRAH for Neitlich's pet project within a line he barely gave two ****s about. How can you not appreciate that?
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:07 am

Webslinger wrote:I for one am going to buy them, I love the Super Powers line from the 80's and really love the packaging they come in, some people are way to overly picky, they fail to see what we are getting, the long awaited Myxy that everyone has been bitching for forever and the Kalibak in SP colors... nobody is ever happy and that's really sad.

Yeah, but with a $42 (after tax and shipping) price tag too. It's bitter.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:50 pm

I agree, but it is the last of the DCUC stuff and as much as I hate the price I will pay it for the Super Powers... it was a big part of my childhood and I would like to have these guys since my original SP's were stolen a couple years back when my house was broken into. it's way cheaper than buying the 80's counterparts...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel